37

I got dressed and headed down to the gym with Bucky.
"I looked through his mind but I didn't see anything. Thank you for coming with me," I explained to Bucky.
"No problem. I could use a good workout."
I smiled. Steve was already working out when we got there. He smiled and continued with his push ups. I looked at Bucky and shrugged. We went off towards different equipment and we worked out for or an hour. To burn off the rest of my rage I ended with a run. As I was running I noticed Bucky and Steve's faces. They looked concerned so I stopped abruptly. "What!"
Steve was taken aback. "Your glow. It's black now."
"My what?"
"When you run really fast there is a glow, a streak that flows behind you. It used to be pink now it's black."
I was lost for words. My hair color change has obviously affected my body. That would mean.
"Thanks for the invitation. I would like to do this again sometime. Thanks." I zipped out of there and went up to my room. I locked and barricaded the door, and closed the blinds. I looked at my reflection and saw that my eyes were no longer magenta. They were black. I took a deep breath and released. It was so painful at first, I bit back a scream, but at the same time, it was pleasurable. Like having a good stretch in the morning. Looking at myself in the mirror, I gasped.

*Bucky's POV*
"I'm sure she's fine but I'm going to head out and go shower," I walked towards the doors.
"Is she alright? She hasn't spoken to me. Or to anyone for that matter. She's only talking to you," Steve pleaded.
I turned around to talk to him. "She's adjusting. She'll come around Steve, just give her time and space."
He nodded.
Was this his plan? To get me to talk to him about Della?
Before I went into my room I knocked on Della's door. When she opened it I noticed her hair was wet.
"Yeah?"
"Are you alright?"
"Yeah. Just got out of the shower, I'm gonna head down to see what these guys want."
"Would you like me to come with you?"
"If you'd like. I don't think anything is gonna happen so if you want to take a nap or something, it's fine with me."
I yawned then. "A nap sounds good."
She smiled. "Alright, Buck."
I walked away and went into my room.

*Della's POV*
I changed and headed down to the cage. If these guys try anything I'll make sure they're asleep for a long time. I stepped inside the room and looked at everyone. They were all gathered together talking amongst each other. That asshole that tried to hurt Bucky was awake.
"What do you guys want?," I startled them.
"We want to talk to you about Valentín," Garrett said walking towards the edge of the glass.
"What about that douche?"
"He's not finished with you. He's coming back for you and your friends," the young girl named Evie spoke.
"What friends?"
"The ones you had with you in the first place, he'll even come for your brooding friend," she explained.
"How is he gonna come get me if he's dead?"
"He had a plan set up in case things like this happened. He doubled that plan since you came along," Garrett stressed.
I was pacing then. "What else do you know?"
"He's not going to stop until you're his again. Everyone who is working with him are looking for you right now," Evie informed me.
I sighed. There's always gonna be someone, somewhere watching me. "Is that all you guys wanted to tell me?"
They looked amongst each other. "The youngest need to be home with their parents. The rest of us will stay," Garrett looked at me with a pleading look.
"I'll see what I can do." I walked out of there and started to look for Fury. My head was clouded with thoughts that I didn't notice Natasha behind me.
"Yeah?," I said with disdain.
She took a step back. "Who are you looking for?"
Really? "Fury."
"Follow me."
I've already wasted time looking so might as well follow her. She led me down a few flights of stairs and down a long corridor until finally, she brought to some double doors.
"He's in there." She looked at me waiting.
"Where are my manners! Thank you so much for helping me!," I said those words as condescendingly as I could.
She gave me a look and took off. People these days. I knocked hard on the door.
"Come in!" I stepped inside to find Fury at his desk, papers scattered everywhere and bottles of alcohol here and there. "Is there something you need?"
"They've made their decision. They want the children sent home to their parents, the rest will stay."
Fury nodded. "The children will be monitored but I don't see why not."
I was taken aback. "That's it?"
"What did you expect?"
"No, no, no, and no," I made my voice deep as his when I said this.
He shook his head. "Some recent experiences have led me to rethink my decisions." When he said that he rubbed his neck.
"Alright." I walked out of there with a huge grin on my face.