56

*Steve's POV*
We were getting ambushed on every side. We all kept tabs on Della by making sure she was healing our wounds. I would get a scratch or punch and automatically I'd feel relief from the pain. But I knew something was wrong with her when Clint got grazed by a bullet and didn't get healed.
"Who has eyes on Della?," I shouted aloud.
"She went inside after that guy," Pietro recalled.
I turned to look at the building to see smoke coming out of the entrance.
I took off that way when a really young girl stood in front of the entrance to the building. "Do you need help?," I questioned.
"Yes," she whispered just at the time when her eyes turned white and she threw her arms up. Just then all of the men we had just killed started to jerk awake.
"What the hell?," Natasha whispered next to me.
Suddenly the bodies started to rise up and attack us.
"Someone call the set of The Walking Dead, we found their extras," Tony remarked.
It was so gruesome, bodies with no eyes, no arms, no legs, and even no heads started attacking us. I heard someone start to vomit from behind me.
"God, help us all," I whispered to myself.

*Della's POV*
"What? How do you know my name?," I tried ignoring the pain in my shoulder blades and my chest. I knew the truth deep down but I needed a distraction from it.
"Didn't you hear me, Ružový, he is your father," Valentín spat shoving the man to the floor before me. Shit, this is what Garrett was trying to warn me about.
"What's the plan here Valentín? I don't have all day and I doubt that man is my father. They told me he was dead."
He grinned at that. "No? I think the resemblance is, how you say, uncanny. And he is very much alive, for now."
He was right, but I couldn't tell him that. You know how kids mostly look like their mom? Well it was the opposite for me. I had his nose, high cheekbones, thick eyebrows, and the same wave of unnaturally bright colored hair. I must have some good genes.
"I don't think so, but if you think he does," I shrugged.
Valentín shook his head. "Enough of this! I will let this man go, if and only if you come quietly."
"I don't think so," I threw my knife at him. It lodged into his eye socket, throwing him back causing him to grip his gun. The bullet lodged itself in my chest when I ran over to shield it from my dad. It hurt like a bitch. Wait? Why did this bullet hurt? I began to scream while Valentín started laughing.
"I used your father's blood to make a special type of bullet for this special reunion. If he isn't your father then the bullet shouldn't hurt."
I grabbed the knife from my thigh strap and tried to stab Valentín but he took the knife out from his eye to try and stab me instead. He kicked me in my stomach causing me to fall on my back. I was getting woozy from the bullet. Valentín tried to restrain me by crawling on top of me putting his weight on me as he did but I kicked him off and climbed on him. He tried to choke me but I slammed his head back a few times until he loosened his grip. I was so enamored into the fight when I barely noticed the heat from the fire I made a while ago. Shit. I tried to get up when Valentín grabbed my boot causing me to fall.
"Get out of here while you still can, dude!," I shouted to the guy who is apparently my dad.
"I'm not leaving you behind, Delora, I will not lose you again!," he shouted back.
Man, this is some crazy shit, huh? I tried to call upon my powers but it was no good because of the bullet in my chest. It was draining me of my blood and my energy. I grabbed the set of knives I had left and stabbed Valentín in the chest. He grabbed at me and started laughing.
"You can kill me Ružový, but I will always find you. They will never stop looking for you," I cut him off by stabbing him in the stomach. "You think the beast inside can save you, you are a monster and it will never be satisfied!"
I screamed as I stabbed him again and again and again and again. I wasn't going to stop stabbing him until my "dad" shook me out of my trance and grabbed the knives from me.
"He's gone! Delora, that's enough!"
I started to shake as tears streamed down my face. Valentín was wrong, the beast was satisfied tonight, with his death. I will never be a monster, not anymore, now that he was dead. I looked down at the corpse, he had died with that arrogant smirk on his face. I set his body on fire before I looked away.
"We need to get out of here!," my dad exclaimed.
"How?," I wept.
"I think you know how, Delora," he looked down at me and squeezed me tight. It was awkward since I barely knew the guy, but it was a nice hug. I stuck my fingers into my chest and took the bullet out. It hurt like a bitch! Once it was out though the wound sealed up. After that painful experience I looked up at this guy I guess was my father and took a shaky breath before releasing my wings.