49

*Bucky’s POV*
It's been a day and there's still no sign of her. I know a blast like that couldn't kill Della. They're all idiots if they think she's dead. It would take more than a bomb to kill her. I asked one of the people around the floor which room is hers and they pointed me in the direction of the room. It was cut off from the rest of us, in its own small corridor. The hallway was bright and oddly made of some type of material. Looked like wood but was cool like steel. When I entered the room it was barren except for a bed in the center. I made it a mission to make her room comfortable for when she comes back since she did that for me. Our bags were delivered before the explosion so I went ahead and unpacked for her. I made up her bed and hung up some of her clothes. That's all I could really do with limited supplies. I placed a gun inside her closet too, a small touch of James Buchanan Barnes. I checked her room out for anything out of place, there was nothing really noticeable. The room felt cool, though, like the hallway. Oh, no. I ran out of the room as quickly as I could to find Fury. I ran into two agents before I finally found him in a makeshift office.
“What the hell did you do to her room?”
“Good morning to you too.”
“Why is it made that way?”
“I have no idea what you're talking about, Mr. Barnes.”
I scoffed. “Alright. Don't tell me. But when she comes back you'll be sorry.”
“Is that a threat, Barnes?”
“No, a warning.”

*Steve's POV*
I awoke to knocking on my door. I groaned and pulled on a t-shirt. I opened it to a distraught looking Bucky.
“What's wrong, Buck?”
“I need to talk to you about something, privately.”
“Come in.”
He walked in and started to pace a bit. I sat on the edge of my bed and waited for him to say something.
“Buck-.”
“Did you know about Della’s room?,” he asked cutting me off.
“Her room? What about it?”
“So you don't know then?”
“What is this about, James?”
“They did something to her room. The way it's made, I'm pretty sure it's a cage or something.”
“What!?”
He nodded. “I asked Fury about it and he wouldn't tell me anything.”
“I'll ask Tony later about it. See what he thinks.”
“Thanks, Steve.”
He started to leave when I stopped him. “Buck. Have you… Have you heard anything yet? About her?”
Worry flashed across his face. “No.”
I nodded.
“Don't worry, Steve. She's coming back and when she does, she's going to kick Fury’s ass.”

When I saw Tony I asked him about Della's room and he said he didn't know about it. We checked it out, ourselves. Bucky was right. Our rooms were made of  something completely different than what hers was made out of.
“Some type of steel, I presume,” Tony whispered feeling the wall. “Made to look like ours.”
“What does this mean?”
“It means, Captain, that the council or Fury is scared of Della. They want to make sure she doesn't spin out of control.”
I rolled my eyes. “This is going to bite them in the ass.”
Tony shivered. “Every time you swear, Steve, it’s like an angel dies or something.”
“Shut up, Stark.”
“That's two angels, Steven!”
I walked out of the room. I hope Della comes back soon, with her around Tony limits his smart remarks because he knows she cares about me. He wouldn't want to say something smart around her, he knows what she's capable of.

Later that day, I was still keeping an eye on Garrett. He went about on his daily routine and that was it, nothing strange or out of character. Pietro watched him too and he couldn't find anything suspicious about him. When I talked to Natasha about what we've gathered about him so far she decided to follow him too. Later, I saw them talking to one another at the gym. At least she was getting somewhere with him.
In the evening, before going to bed, she relayed their conversation. They talked about how terrible it was that Della was probably dead and how a girl as powerful as her didn't make it.
“He said that maybe she was murdered before the bomb went off,” Natasha looked grim.
“Why would he say something like that,” I was appalled.
“I told him that I had talked to her in the middle of the night and that she was fine. He said that maybe after we talked someone went into her room.”
I stood up and paced around my room. “That's not good. This isn't good. He had to have done something.”
“The problem is that we don't know if he did. Wanda is still shaken up and has been sleeping most of her time here.”
We have to do something before he tries to leave or attack someone else on our team.

(Hey, everyone, I hope you were able to read the last chapter. If not let me know.)