47

*Della’s POV*
After Natasha left my room I couldn't shake this sense of dread so I got up to get a snack. When I left my room I saw Steve heading into his room.
“Good night, Steve.”
He looked over at me. “Good night, Della.”
I smiled at him as I walked into the kitchen. I poked around looking for something to munch on before settling for chips and salsa. I was enjoying the chips and the fact that I was alone until I saw Garrett exit his room. He looked disheveled and tired.
“Couldn't sleep,” he asked me while he stretched.
“Yeah. You?”
“Bad dream.”
“Hate those,” I added.
He looked at what I was eating. “Seriously. At this time?”
“Why not,” I laughed.
He chuckled. “If we are going be up, how about I make my famous hot cocoa?”
“What makes it famous?”
“I add a secret ingredient that I have to take to my grave.”
I laughed. “Ok.”
While he was making the drinks I put back the chips and salsa.
“Ok. They're ready,” Garrett came over to me and placed the mugs down.
“Ooohh. They smell great, is that cinnamon?”
“Maybe.”
I shook my head and grabbed my cup. I took a sip, it was chocolaty and delicious. Why is everything blurry?
"You drugged me, you asshole!," I spat. I tried to heal it off of me but it was too late and already taking affect on me.
And that was the last thing that I remembered.

*Garrett's POV*
And she's out. I spilled our drinks and cleaned up as if this never happened. Then I picked her up and took her to her room and layed her down on the bed. I walked out and that was that. When I went into my room I got dressed, ready for what was to come.

*Bucky’s POV*
“We have to move now, Buck!,” Steve shook me awake. “We're under attack! We need to go!”
I felt my room shake and I immediately got up. Steve started to lead me out of my room when I turned back to get Della but another bomb had gone off. This time in her room.
“No!,” I yelled out. I ran towards her room when I felt a tug on my shirt.
“Buck, it's too late we need to leave now before this whole place collapses,” Steve shouted.
I couldn't leave. We were hit with another bomb this time in the living room. I was knocked back against the wall, hitting my head in the process.

*Steve's POV*
I grabbed Bucky’s arm and picked him up. We got onto the jet that was waiting outside and got in. Everyone was accounted for on the ship except Tony and Della. Tony was in his Iron-Man suit fighting off the attackers. They attacked us quickly and while we were vulnerable.
We never had a chance to defend ourselves. Della was. Might be. I shook my head trying to clear my thoughts.
“Where's Delana?,” Thor asked worriedly.
I sighed. “A bomb went off in her room.”
Everyone processed this differently.
“Tony is checking it out now.”

We were all still pretty shaken when we landed. They showed us to our new quarters and we settled in. Buck was still unconscious when we landed so I just layed him down in his room.
“Tony just gave us an all clear of any more attacks. He's on his way to the building to check for survivors,” Natasha rushed into my room.
“Great. Is the call set up in the conference room?”
“Yeah, we're all headed down there now.”
I followed her out and we headed towards the room. We all sat around the table and waited for the tv to connect to Tony. We would be able to see what he was seeing.

The tv came on with a small bell-like sound.
There was a huge hole where our floor was located. I didn't notice Bucky enter until I saw him creep closer to the screen.
“I'm not seeing anything. They really did a number on us. I hope my insurance can cover this.”
He kicked some burnt chairs out of his way. The whole place was just charred and some of it was still on fire. “Della?,” he started to shout out. We heard nothing and didn't see any movement. “Guys? What should I do? There's no one here and by the looks of it, her room isn't even there anymore.”
“Give it a few more minutes,” Bucky stressed.
Tony sighed. “Alright.” He trudged forward and moved a few things around.
After a while, Tony signed off and returned back to base. Bucky locked himself in his room after the call. No one dared to go and check on him. We lost her again.

Since Della wasn't here we had to do background checks and interviews without her. Wanda was so shaken since the bombing so she is currently resting. We are going to have to do this the old fashioned way.
No one was talking and no one was suspicious. Yet. We interviewed Della’s three friends as well as Garrett. I was still suspicious of Garrett but everyone seems to think he checks out.
“How long were you with the Hydra group?,” I asked Garrett.
“Oh, I’d say, five years,” he leaned back in his chair.
“Is there any information you'd like to offer us about said group?”
“Not that I can think of.”
Why is he so smug? Why is he acting like this? We were just attacked, he didn't look distressed or troubled by the fact.
“If we think of anything else to ask you, we'll let you know,” I straightened the paperwork up and started to head out. This was a waste of time, no one will confess to anything. Della can't be dead. We just got her back.

I relayed the interrogation with Garrett back to Fury and Natasha.
“He's got to be hiding something,” I paced the floor.
“He does sound suspicious,” Natasha agreed.
“We'll look into it. Meanwhile, keep an eye on him. If he goes out follow him, if he so much as flinches I want you guys to be there,” Fury walked out of the room.
Natasha put a hand on my shoulder. “She's has to be ok, Steve, give it some time. She's been through worse and survived.”
I nodded.

So I followed Garrett and asked Pietro to keep an eye on him as well since he was quick. But what we've gathered was that he keeps to himself and keeps his hands in his pockets. He only carries around a pen. That's it. He does nothing else other than eat and workout.