14

*Fury's POV*
"We are doing everything in our power to get her back, councilmen."
"Work harder! How did you let one of our most valuable assets get kidnapped?"
"Once again, they killed her two guards and took Agent Daniel Collins with them. He was assigned to keep an eye on her."
"The boy who can create smoke?"
"Yes."
"How did you let them take two valuable assets!?"
"These people are obviously working for Hydra. They took them from their homes."
"Which should've been prevented! How did they know they were living there in the first place?"
"We understand that now and we are changing all of the passcodes to every employee. We are also doing extensive background checks."
"Find them, Fury."
They signed off. I left the room to deal with the Avengers. Everyone was acting crazy around here.
"We need to look at the security cameras and see if we can get anything from
the footage," Tony said pulling out a tablet from his pocket.
Just then Wanda burst through the door with her brother behind her.
"Did you learn anything from their neighbors?," I asked Wanda.
"They heard heavy footsteps and some thuds like fighting. But they saw no faces."
Great. Rogers was out with Romanoff and Barton scouring possible Hydra hideouts. Thor is in Asgard at the moment so he is unaware of the fact that she was taken at all. Tony, Vision, and the twins are here helping out. Everyone is looking for Della.
"The van they took them in has no plates. It's just a black van. But if I can access the surveillance and police cameras I'll be able to track this van's trip," Stark said typing furiously into the tablet. At least that's something.
"Sit down, Maximoff! You're going to make a hole in the floor pacing like that," I snapped at him. He stopped abruptly and sat down but continued to bounce his leg up and down.
"Leave him alone. We are all worried for Delana," Vision stated.
It took several more minutes before Tony got a hit. "They're in a small town in Virginia."
I was already out the door talking to Natasha on the phone about the new location. Here's to hoping.

                         *Steve's POV*
The team and I were currently in Rhode Island looking for potential Hydra scum so it will take us an hour and a half to get to Virginia. Probably less since we have a fast jet. I hope she's alright. It's been quiet around the tower since she was taken. I feel awful about lying to her. They made me go undercover and start a friendship with her just to get information on her abilities. I thought I was just getting information and that's it but I came to like that pink haired girl.
"Don't worry Steve, we'll find her," Natasha whispered to me.
"I hope so."

Later, we showed up at the building. It was abandoned but there was some garbage and smoke around the clearing.
"There's probably an underground bunker," Nat hissed while kicking down the doors to the entrance. We started looking through all of the rooms. There was some paperwork scattered on the floor about weapons and random places written but nothing that said they were keeping mutants. There was a gym but it was emptied, a mess hall but it was cleaned out, and an office but that too was vacant except for some books. There were six rooms with beds in them.
"Do you think he's hiding more people with capabilities?"
"Could be," Nat replied.
"Guys! Come over here," Clint said waving us over to one of the rooms.
We walked in to see it completely empty.
"Look at this," Clint held up a strand of pink hair. Only he could've seen it.
"Could that be Della's?," I questioned.
"We'll have to run it through but it
could be," Nat said getting up and leaving the room.
"Good eye, Clint."
"Thanks."
"We should check the other rooms to see if they have pieces of hair as well."
We left the building to search some more outside. There were tire tracks on the ground that we chose to follow to get some more clues on their whereabouts. We followed the tracks into a small forest and kept jogging until we hit the ocean. There was no boat, nothing.
"Maybe they left by submarine?" Several footprints were on the shore.
"Let's scan the sea then." Back in the jet we called in our findings and told them where we were headed. We flew over the North Atlantic searching for a boat.
"If they're in a submarine the radar will pick it up," Barton answered pointing at a piece of tech.
We saw nothing. There was just vast amounts of water. We went through any possible directions. But we didn't give up.
"There's nothing here! Where is the ship? Traveling by ship would take days not hours!"
"We just gotta call this one into different connections. Shield has connections all over the world," Natasha assured.
"That's too long what if they-."
"Don't say it, Steve! You'll just make yourself sick with worry."
But what if they do kill her? What if they did? What if we were too late and they turn her into a mindless killing machine?

It was well into the night so we headed home. There was no boat, no sub. The water was empty. They called in every known contact to keep an eye out for Hydra perps and for a girl with pink hair. When we got to HQ, Clint handed the hair samples we found to Tony.
"We found these in the building."
"I'll run it right now."
The twins ran through the doors and looked to us for answers. I looked away while Natasha gave them the bad news. After that we ate dinner and talked about travel and who should go.
"Pietro should go with you. He can scan the crowds and look for her," Wanda said softly.
"That sounds like a good idea," Barton replied going for dessert.
"Steve, what's wrong?," Tony inquired.
"I'm just not hungry. Let me know when that machine is done scanning. Excuse
me," I got up and left the table. I couldn't eat or sleep well knowing what these people are capable of. I made a detour to the gym so I could take my anger out on the punching bags. My head was filled with questions. Why is this taking so long? Where have they taken her? It's obvious they want to make a weapon out of her and use it against us in some way, but how and why her?
"Do you want to talk," I whipped around to see the whole gang standing behind me.
"I just want to be left alone," I went back to punching the bag. I felt tears coming on.
"What's wrong, Steve?," Natasha whispered.
"It feels like I've lost a good friend, again," I said breaking down to my knees. I was softly crying when I guessed the twins came over and rubbed my back consoling me. How could a girl I've barely known do this to me? She doesn't know me and I barely know her. Why am I crying and feeling like this? I wiped my tears and stood up, brushing them off.
"Let me know when that thing is done scanning," I left before they could say another word. I needed to sleep and relax. This isn't over, Della. We will find you.