52

I couldn't breathe.
“What?”
“He has a mutant who can bring the dead back to life. They got him in time and saved him.”
“But I shot him! In the head!”
“He's that good.”
I was going to have a panic attack. I could already feel my lungs getting tighter and I couldn't see straight. I had to get out of here. I tried to call for Bucky but nothing was coming out, so I ran. I could faintly hear my name being shouted but I was struggling with the invisible boa constrictor around my throat. It was so much for me that I ripped my shirt at the collar trying to breath but it didn't help. I was outside now running around the track they had built but no matter how much I ran there was no relief. I zipped back to my room and turned on my bathtub. I struggled with taking off my pants before just settling into the tub. I slipped in with my torn up shirt and underwear. I was under the water for minutes until I felt arms tugging me up.
“Della! What happened? What's wrong?” Bucky was beside me while Steve stood by him looking concerned. 
“He's alive! Valentín is alive,” I sobbed.
They were silent.
“How? You shot him square blank?,” Bucky’s mouth twisted into a snarl while his eyes cried pain.
“Apparently he has someone working for him who is able to bring the dead back to life. They were able to bring him back from a headshot wound.” I rubbed at my face and arms trying to clean the feeling his hands left on my skin. It was no use.
“I'm going to kill him! This time I'll make sure he's dead! I'll cut his fucking head off!”
Steve was worried, but Bucky knew this was what I needed to do though it was frowned upon.

After making sure I was ok they left me alone in the bathroom but stayed in my room. They knew not to leave an emotionally vulnerable girl alone especially one with multiple abilIties. I got out of the tub and wrapped myself in my robe. I took a quick look at myself in the mirror and changed my hair back to magenta. This was me. I wasn't going to change my appearance for anyone. This was the true me and I needed her to help me get through this shit. I let a few tears slip out before I walked out to my room. The guys were sitting on my couch when I walked in. When Bucky saw me he smiled. “Welcome back.”

*Valentín’s POV*
“Call everyone! I need an army not a team! Try connecting to that boy again!” Everyone around here is useless! I needed to move my plan into motion, I needed to see her again. My little Ružový. I've called all of my superior officers for help and in return they ignored me. They said my cause was useless and that Ružový will never obey. I'll show them. I can make her do what I want by threatening who she loves. Plus I have a trick up my sleeve that will certainly make her obey.
“Sir. We have been sent a thousand more men to aid our cause from General Han.”
“Excellent.”
The general will not be disappointed. I walked out of the war room and headed to the training rooms to visit my secret weapons. The little girl was able to revive Démon and the boy, the other girl was too far gone to be helped. Their hatred for Ružový willed them to fight everyday. There was a new addition to the team. I don't know her name, she has white skin and hair. She can bring the dead back to life. She's always trying to escape so we've had to beat her a few times. She'll be able to keep my men alive for however long the battle takes.
“Sir, we have not been able to establish a connection between the boy nor girl.”
I growled. “Try again!”
Suddenly the call went through.
“Why are you not answering your phone, boy!,” I spat into the phone.
“I was in a meeting with them, they are getting suspicious.”
Odd. He never cared before. “What do you mean?”
“Ružový is alive! I thought you were supposed to kill her!”
I was furious. “You know that was never my intention! I wanted to kill her friends! Did any of them die?”
“No.”
Rage overcame me, causing me to hurl a punch at the nearest man next to me. “How soon can you leave? You need to be here to whip some of these soldiers into shape!”
“As soon as I can.”
I ended the call and smiled. I hope Ružový heard what she wanted to hear.