11

Flashback - Perrie's POV

Zayn tugs my hand as we walk up the steps to the place. I hear the music from the party already booming.

"Ready to mix some of those drinks?" Zayn winks at me.

"That's all you bring me for," I tease.

"Not all," he says close to my ear and I giggle.

Our group is crowded around the kitchen bar and everyone shouts greetings at us as we walk up.

"I'll have a vodka tonic," Luke says to me, winking.

"Coming right up," I say, reaching for the bottle of vodka.

"Me next," Louis says.

"No, mate, she's my girlfriend," Zayn says, and the two laugh.

I work quickly, serving everyone their drinks as fast as I can. I finally slide a third beer to Harry. He pops the cap open and takes a drink, and Luke does the same. I'd say they're full on drunk, now.

Someone calls my name and I turn to smile at Penny, handing her a shot of tequila and pouring myself another. We take the shot together, bursting into laughter at the burn. I chat with Penny longer and can't help but overhear the conversation in our group.

"So, what did you think of her?" Harry asks Luke.

"She's hot, man," Luke says.

Harry tenses. "What do you mean, hot?"

"Who?" Louis asks.

"No one," Harry says.

"Really, though, mate, is she single? I'd take her any day," Luke says, licking his lips.

"Take her?" Harry says through gritted teeth.

"Yeah. Any day, anywhere." Luke throws his head back and laughs.

"Fuck you!" Harry yells, smashing his now empty beer bottle on the counter. Glass shatters and gasps sound throughout the room. Harry takes the half of the bottle still in his hand and takes it to Luke, cutting his cheek in a jagged gash. Luke doubles over, gripping his cheek as blood spills out. Harry brings the bottle back again but Louis catches his arm. Niall and Zayn rush over to help Luke.

"Someone call an ambulance!" Niall yells. I scramble for my phone, hurriedly calling for help.

"Yes, hello, I need an ambulance," I rush into the phone. "My friend has an open wound..."

"What the hell was that, mate?" Louis yells to Harry.

"He was...he..." Harry's green eyes look as if they're on fire.

"Who were you even talking about?" Louis asks.

Harry opens his mouth to say a name but I don't catch it as Zayn yells for me. "Throw me a dishrag!" He shouts. I look around frantically and quickly grab one, tossing it over the bar to Zayn.

"Don't you fucking go near her again!" Louis shouts.

Harry opens his mouth to say something, but Louis cuts him off.

"Stay the fuck away from her, you dirty prick!" He shouts.

"But I--"

"What? Fucking what?"

"I love her, okay? Fuck!"

Anger burns onto Louis' face as he swiftly punches Harry in the jaw. Harry falls to the ground and someone screams.

Harry rises back to his full height, eyes burning with anger. He stalks toward Louis and returns his punch, nailing him square in the face.

Louis brings his hand to his face, wiping away some blood. He gives Harry a deathly glare and begins to return Harry's blow, bringing his arm back to hit him.

Niall jumps up from Luke and runs to hold Louis back. "Fuck, mate, don't you think we've had enough fights for one night?"

Louis backs away. "Stay the fuck away from her," he growls at Harry before turning and leaving out the door.

The ambulance arrives and everyone clears as paramedics rush into the building. Harry covers his face with his hands as we all watch Luke be loaded onto a stretcher. Zayn comes up to me and grabs my hand. "He's lost a lot of blood," he says to me.

"Is he going to be alright?" I ask.

"Hopefully," he says.

"Harry, what the hell?" Niall yells to Harry.

"Shut the fuck up," Harry growls and grabs a dishrag from the counter. He sends everyone a glare before turning and disappearing into the crowd.

End of flashback

Blair's POV

I stare at Perrie in horror. "Oh, my God," I say.

"It was an intense night," she says.

"Do you...do you know who the girl was?" I ask, afraid for the answer. I already know who the girl is.

"Hmm...Louis' stepsister I think?" She shrugs. "I can't remember so well. It was a little over two years ago."

Two years ago...that was just before Louis' mom and my dad got married. The realization hits me like a bus.

Perrie pushes another martini toward me and I immediately drain it.

"But that's the past, and we shouldn't dwell on it," Perrie says, a sunny smile stretching across her face.

I nod as I continue to absorb what Perrie told me. Someone calls Perrie's name and she turns away.

"Blair!" I turn at the sound of my name and turn to see Harry walking towards me.

I force a smile. He's the reason for the jagged scar on Luke's face. He punched my stepbrother--well, not stepbrother at the time, but still. Do I even know him as well as I think I do?
He told me himself that I didn't that we fought at his house. Was he serious?

"You look kind of pale, are you alright?" He asks me.

"I'm fine," I say.

"That's quite the makeover Penny and Jane gave you," he smirks.

"Yeah," I say, avoiding his gaze.

Harry looks at me. "Something's definitely wrong." His eyes darken.

"Nothing's wrong," I retort.

"Have you been drinking?"

"Just a little."

"Are you having...side effects?" His voice lowers.

"No." I glare at him. Of course he'd assume my medicine is to blame for my irritability.

"Then tell me what’s wrong." 

"Did you really give Luke his scar?" I blurt. Oh shit.