56

"I think that's everything," Eleanor says, shutting the trunk and wiping her palms on her jeans.

"You have all the dorm information?" My father asks.

"Yes," I say. "In the glove compartment."

"And you'll call as soon as you get there."

I roll my eyes humorously. "Yes, Dad."

Louis and Eleanor embrace tightly, and I turn away. I push thoughts about Harry to the side.

My father sighs and engulfs me in a hug. "You'll do great at the uni," he says. "And if you ever want to come home--"

"I will, I promise." I give him a quick kiss on the cheek before sliding into the driver's seat next to Eleanor.

We wave goodbye to everyone before pulling away from the curb and making our way to the uni.
Eleanor chatters on about classes and how we're going to decorate the dorm, but I find my thoughts drifting to Harry. I won't see him until I come home for Christmas, at least. This realization both relaxes and haunts me. Will he find someone new? Will I?

Of course he will. He's already got Jane. In fact, I bet he's with her right now. She can give him everything I can't.

My hands grip the steering wheel so hard my knuckles turn white.

Eleanor notices and stops talking. "Alright, fine, we can get a purple rug. Jesus."

I snap out of my thoughts. "What?"

"I recommended pink for the rug, but apparently you have other plans--"

"What? No, pink's fine." I shake my head, clearing my thoughts. "Sorry."

"What's wrong?" Eleanor asks.

I chew on my lip. "Nothing."

"Are you nervous? It's alright if you are, I was too--"

"Yeah, that's it. I'm just nervous." I laugh shakily.

Eleanor stares at me a moment before turning her chocolate colored gaze back to the road. "I wonder who's going to replace Appleton."

I shrug. "I didn't know Appleton to well, so..."

"Lucky you," Eleanor grumbles.

We chat on and off the rest of the ride to the uni. Eleanor directs me to our dorm building. It's tall and brick with a big arch at the front around the doors.

"Here we are," she says after we park and walk inside. She throws open the door to room A27.

Compared to other dorms I've seen and what I pictured, the room is fairly large.

"Wow," I say. The walls are bright white and coffee brown carpet covers the floor. A small door to a shared bathroom is off to the side and a small TV is set up in the corner. I'm shocked to see only mattresses on the floor.

"Where..." I begin.

"We have to get our own beds, the only downside," Eleanor says. "We can go tomorrow, I know a good furniture place. Until then, we sleep on these bad boys." She kicks a mattress and grins.

I shrug. "Sounds good."

"Oh, I just know we're going to have such fun decorating this place," Eleanor gushes, clapping her hands. "It's going to look bitching when we're through."

I roll my eyes playfully. "Bitching?"

"Amazing. Fantabulous. Beautimous."

I laugh and sit on a mattress. "Good thing I packed my sheets."