21

"Shawn, we're back!" I shout. Liam smiles at me and looks slightly confused at Harry's presence.

Shawn emerges from the back room, smiling at his kids. "Hey, kids!"

"Hi," they say in unison as he pulls them into hugs.

"Blair, thanks a lot, you can take the night off." I smile and wave goodbye to Liam and the kids.

I get back into Harry's car and sigh. "See, that wasn't so bad," I say. "Aside from your dumbass drug jokes."

"You should have see your face," he says. "Your eyes got all wide." He widens his own eyes, mocking me.

"You're such an idiot." I roll my eyes.

Harry puts his key into the ignition. "Oh, shit, I'm out of fuel!"

"You're kidding!" I yell.

"Yeah," he says, his eyes dancing as he laughs. "I'm not you!" He doubles over laughing.

"You little fuck," I say, smacking him again.

"You totally believed me! Holy shit, that's the funniest thing I've seen all day!"

"Just start the car." I cross my arms over my chest, but I can't hide the smile on my face.

Harry pulls out of the lot, still laughing. "Oh, God, my stomach hurts from laughing at you."

"Shut up," I snap.

"You've got to admit, that was pretty damn funny!"

"Oh, please."

"Come on, Blairbear. Where's your sense of humor?" He raises his eyebrows at me. "Are you on your period or something?"

I start. "Harry!"

"It's okay if you are, I was there when you got it for the first time, anyway." He bites his lip, trying not to laugh again.

"You promised not to bring that up ever again!" I yell, blushing furiously.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry--you just--you thought you cut yourself on something!" He snorts, laughing all over again. "It was so red, I mean--alright, I'm done, I'm done."

"Oh, Jesus!" I put my head in my hands.

"I actually heard a period joke!" Harry says, turning to me.

"I don't want to hear it!"

"Okay, what did one tampon say to the other?"

"I'm not listening--"

"Nothing, they were both stuck up bitches!" He bursts into laughter again. I haven't seen him laugh so much in a long time. I can't help but think that this is the Harry I fell in love with. "Get it, because--"

"I get it, I get it!" I yell, putting my hand over his mouth as he pulls into the driveway. Harry's eyes are a light and beautiful green as he slowly removes my hand from his mouth. I pull my arm away sheepishly, blushing. "Thanks for the ride--" I step out of the car and notice we're at Harry's house.

"Why are we here?" I ask.

"I thought you might want a break from your family." He shrugs, walking into the house.

"I want you to take me home," I say firmly, following him inside.

"Why?" He turns around, his eyes slightly hurt.

"It's just that...last time we spoke..." I look away.

"You told me to leave."

"You were telling me how you weren't good for me, I didn't want to keep having the same circular argument over and over."

"Well, that's what we're doing now, right? The same circular argument? Fuck, our whole friendship is based on the same circular argument!"

"Harry--"

"It's like a cycle, you and me. You piss me off and then I feel bad so I find you and we fight all over again!"

"Harry."

"I'm getting a little sick of it, Blair, I mean it!"

"Harry!" I finally silence him. "I'll stay."

His eyes dilate. "Really?"

I nod. "If it means that much to you."

"It...it does," he admits. "I haven't been able to sleep lately."

"Why?"

"I think I'm an insomniac. And I think you're the reason why." My heart flutters as he takes a step closer to me. He brushes a hair away from my face gently. "You make me insane, Blair. Truly insane."

"For the record, I did butt dial you today. I didn't call you on pur--"

Harry silences me by pressing his lips to mine, pushing me back against the wall in the kitchen. His tongue immediately finds mine and I feel that if I wasn't leaning against a wall I would melt.

Harry finally pulls away, letting my catch my breath. "Can I get you something to eat?" He asks.

"I'm fine," I answer.

"Alright." He turns around and I notice him grab a book from the kitchen counter. It's Catching Fire, the second book to the Hunger Games.

"Harry," I say. He looks back at me. "Since when do you read?"

He blushes and looks down at the book in his hands. "I haven't been sleeping, and I remembered how you would always say reading helps you sleep...so I've been reading before bed."

I grin. "Really?"

He nods. "Go ahead, make fun."

"No," I say, crossing the room to press a kiss to his lips. "I'm proud of you," I say, pulling away.

He blushes again before rolling his eyes at me. "It's not that good of a book."

"Liar," I singsong, skipping up the stairs. "They're great and you know it!"

"Peeta is such a pussy," he says, rolling his eyes. "Just man up and learn to throw a punch already."

I laugh. "Physical strength is not a smart thing to rely on if you want to win the Hunger Games, dear Harry. You need some sort of weaponry."

"Oh, bullshit," Harry says. "What about Cato? He used physical strength and he almost won. Case and point." He smirks.

"Don't you try to argue me over the Hunger Games series, I will take you to the grave."

"Oh, yeah?"

"Yeah." I whirl around and stick out my tongue at Harry like I used to when we were kids. He grabs my hands is his. I back up till I hit his bedroom door. He rests his hands on my waist and I wrap my arms around him.

"Maybe I'm like Cato," he says. "Intimidating and strong." He rests his forehead against mine. "Destroying things in my path." He brushes his thumb across my cheek. "Maybe you're Rue, small and clever. Befriending anyone." He kisses my nose then the corner of my mouth, his lips lingering.
"Maybe you're Peeta," I say. "Who loves a girl his whole life but is afraid to tell her." I smirk. Harry laughs before kissing my lips softly.

"If I'm like Peeta, then you're Katniss," he says, kissing the spot under my ear. "A girl who doesn't know the effect she has on me."

He takes my face in his hands and kisses me. He tangles his fingers into my hair pulling closer. Harry is the only person I want to ever kiss, the only person I want to ever hold me, and the only person I ever want to love. I love him. I have to pull away, because I need to yawn. I hadn't realized how tired I was until now.

"Let's go to bed," he whispers, pulling me into his room. I stand there awkwardly as he digs through his drawers for a shirt for me. He hands me one of his many black shirts. I tuck it under my arm as I tug off my shoes placing them neatly by the door.

"I'm going to go change," I say, heading for the bathroom.

"You could always change in here," he calls after me. My cheeks heat up. "Oh come on, we took baths as kids! I think I've seen you before!"

"Shut up!" I call back, shutting the bathroom door. After I fold my clothes neatly on the bathroom counter, I pull Harry's shirt over my head. I return to see him laying on his bed reading. I smile, watching him for a few moments.

"Why the fuck does Wiress keep saying tick tock, who the fuck is she, Ke$ha?" He asks. I laugh, walking over to him. I climb under the covers, scooting closer to him so I can read over his shoulder. He turns and kisses my forehead. After he shuts the book he stares at me a minute before turning out the lights. I roll over on to the opposite side of his bed and shut my eyes. A few minutes later I feel Harry wrap his arms around me, tugging me closer to him until my back is pressed against his chest.

"I love you," he says in my ear. "Sweet dreams."

All I remember is that I fall asleep smiling.