24

I practically jump into Harry's car and soon we're seated at one of the blue booths at IHOP, menus spread out in front of us.

"God, I don't know what to get," I say, perusing the menu. "Pancakes or waffles? Bacon or sausage? Eggs scrambled or sunnyside up?"

Harry stares at me. "When's the last time you've been to IHOP?"

"Like, three years. Give me a break, okay."

The waitress comes to our table and eyes Harry's tattoos warily before asking for our orders.

I stare at the menu. "I don't--"

"Get pancakes," Harry says.

"But their waffles--"

"Blair, the name of the restaurant is International House of Pancakes. If it was International House of Waffles it would be IHOW and that doesn't sound as good as IHOP so get the goddamn pancakes." Harry smirks at me.

"Fine," I say. "Pancakes then," I say to the waitress. She scribbles something on her pad of paper and looks to Harry.

"And you?" She asks boredly.

"I'll just have some coffee," Harry says, handing his menu to the waitress. "Cream and sugar, please."

"Bullshit. He'll have pancakes, too," I tell the waitress.

The waitress looks from Harry, to me, then back before scribbling something else on her pad. "Alright," she says. "I'll be right out with your food," she adds in a monotone before walking away.

"I'll just have some coffee," I mock Harry. "We're at IHOP, Harry. International House of Pancakes. If it was International House of Coffee, it would be IHOC. And that just doesn't sound right." I raise my eyebrows at him, smirking.

Harry rolls his eyes at me. "You're a piece of work."

"Oh, but Harry, we're at IHOP. International House of Pancakes." I continue to tease him, and a smile tugs at his lips.

"Don't make me take you to Waffle House instead," Harry threatens. "Remember what happened at Waffle House?"

I widen my eyes. "Don't speak of it."

"You found a bug in the syrup!" Harry says, widening his eyes in humor. "A big, fat, juicy--"

"Harry, shut up!" I cry, putting my hands over my ears. "Shut up, shut up!"

Harry laughs, his eyes dancing. "You asked for it."

"Hey, Blairbear!" I snap up to see Shawn and his two kids walking over to our table. Shawn waves at me frantically.

"Shit," I say under my breath as I force a smile.

"Kids, you remember Blair," Shawn says.

"Dad, we met her last night," Katie says. "Of course we remember her."

Harry snorts and I kick him under the table.

"What was that for?" He hisses through gritted teeth. I glare at him.

"So, how are you doing?" Shawn asks. "What brings you to this quaint IHOP?"

"Well, we couldn't go to Waffle House." Harry smirks.

"Harry!" I say.

"Why, what's wrong with Waffle House?" Bryce asks.

Harry opens his mouth to tell them but I beat him to it. "Nothing, we just wanted pancakes. Isn't that right, Harry?"

Harry bites his lip, trying not to laugh and I kick him again.

"Oh, fuck--" He starts to say in pain. I kick him again and he corrects himself. "Fuck--I mean, duck. We saw ducks at the park the other day."

Shawn looks at Harry curiously. "Great boyfriend you've got," he says to me.

"Oh, he's not my--"

"Yeah, I know, I'm a real winner." Harry grins. My jaw drops as the two kids snicker.

"Okay, well we'd best be going. See you tomorrow, Blair." I wave goodbye to Shawn and the kids and give Harry one last kick under the table.

"Jesus Christ, will you stop it with the kicking? Fuck!"

"Don't you mean duck?" I burst into laughter.

Harry smirks. "Shut it," he warns.

I continue to laugh as our waitress brings us our food. Harry rips open a packet of sugar with his teeth and I find myself blushing. I quickly look down at my stack of pancakes.