25

We make small conversation as we eat, mosting teasing each other. I like it when Harry and I are able to converse this way with no fighting, no disagreements. I have no idea where out relationship stands--are we best friends, or more? Harry hasn't said anything, and I know if I'm the one to bring it up we'll most likely end up fighting. So I keep my mouth shut for now. I don't want to ruin our moods at this time.

"So listen," Harry says. "Tonight is pool...which you agreed to."

"Oh." I finish eating and throw my napkin onto my plate. "Okay."

"I was thinking I'll just call Zayn and tell him you got sick--"

"Wait, what?" I sit up straighter. "I want to come with you guys."

Harry exhales in frustration. "Blair, you can't come."

"Why?"

"Because."

"That's a pretty shitty reason."

"Blair--it's not a good place for you."

"I was there before."

"And you ran out, upset. Do you not recall?"

"Harry, I'm an adult. I can take care of myself."

"No you can't, not in that way and you know it."

"Well, you'll be there."

"I'm used to dealing with these types of people. You're not."

"My mum's dead and my dad's an asshole, I think I'll be fine."

Harry wears a shocked expression at my mention of my family. He knows he can't argue me now. "Fine," he says. He motions to the waitress for the check and we pay promptly.

Harry drives me back to my house in silence.

"Are you upset?" I ask.

"Do I look upset to you?" He asks too calmly.

"A little bit, yeah."

"Then I most likely am fucking upset."

"What is your deal with me coming to play pool?"

Harry grips the steering wheel. "I don't want you becoming like me, okay?"

I stare at him. "What do you mean?"

"I don't want to see you get drunk and get tattoos. It's not right...for you. I feel like the more you're around me and the people I associate myself with, you'll become more like us and I don't want that. Happy?"

I cock my head slightly at him. "Harry, I'm not going to get tattoos and all that...I'm not changing for anyone. Especially you." I smile a bit.

"When I saw you at the parties...you were drinking and I thought I'd never see the day...and then I realized I didn't want to." He looks straight ahead, his hands gripping the steering wheel.

"Harry, whether you like it or not, I will have a drink here and there. But I'm not going to dye my hair and start dressing like a slut. I promise." I smirk.

Harry pulls into the driveway, exhaling slowly. "Alright," he says. "I'll pick you up at seven thirty. No dresses above the knee. And absolutely no cleavage." He flashes me a smile.

I snort. "Just for that, I'm going to call Penny and ask her for one of her sluttiest tube tops--"

"Blair Price, I swear to--"

"I'm kidding, Harry, lighten up." I lean across the center console in the car to press my lips to Harry's in a brief kiss. "See you later." I slide out of the car and walk up the front walk, shutting the front door behind me.