34

I push the jacket off of me and hand it back to Harry. "Thanks," I say softly.

He shrugs and throws it over a chair, tossing the rubber band ball back to Katie.

"Blair! Your shift's over! You're free to go, kid." Shawn's voice carries through the wall.

"Thank you!" I shout back, standing up and gathering my things. I say goodbye to Katie and Bryce, and Harry and I walk outside.

We stand awkwardly, the summer air muggy around us. I bite the inside of my cheek and look at the ground.

"Well...thanks for coming," I say finally. "I know you were at work..."

Harry shrugs. "It's fine."

I take a breath. "I'm sorry for snapping at you," I say.

"Anything else you're sorry for?" Harry asks, raising his eyebrows.

"You know what, forget it." I turn and begin to walk toward my car.

"Blair." Harry walks close on my heels.

"I try to be mature and apologize and you just act like a total douche," I snap. "I take it back. I'm not sorry for snapping because you deserved it!"

"I know," he says. "I'm a total douche." He shrugs.

I tuck a piece of hair behind my ear. "I'm going to go."

"Come to the party tonight," he says.

"The warehouse party?" I raise my eyebrows.

He nods.

"I don't know, Harry."

"Please?"

I sigh. "I--fine. Fine, I'll go."

He smiles, his dimples showing for the first time in what seems like ages. "Good," he says, turning to get into his car.

I stare at him a few moments after his car peels out of the lot. A couple nights ago he almost burst a blood vessel trying to get me to promise I wouldn't go. And now he's begging me to come? He never ceases to confuse and befuddle me.

I drive home in silence, still pondering over Harry.

When I get home Louis is waiting for me.

"Perrie dropped off something for you," he informs me. "It's in your room."

"What?" I ask, setting my things down.

"You're going to the warehouse party tonight, right?" He asks.

"I guess, yeah."

"Well, apparently that's what you're going to be wearing. We're leaving at seven so hurry up."

"We?"

"I'm your ride, Blairbear. Now hurry the fuck up!" He smiles at me.

I go into my room to find Felicite and Lottie staring at my bed.

"This is the prettiest dress I've ever seen," Fizzy says.

I stare at what's sitting on my bed.

It's a tight black dress with sleeves that barely cover my shoulders and a scoop neckline. It has Perrie written all over it. I smile.

"Well put it on!" Lottie squeals.

I hurriedly slip into the dress. It reaches mid thigh and I tie a teal belt around it, smiling at my appearance.

"Sit down," Lottie commands me when I emerge from my closet. Fizzy jumps up and down excitedly.

I sit and soon her and Fizzy brush on layers of makeup, almost smothering me. They sweep on mascara and draw on eyeliner, curling my hair into waves.

"Done," Fizzy says. They jerk me up and push me in front of the mirror.

I gasp.

I look...pretty.

Not slutty pretty like I did when Jane and Penny made me over, but softly and innocently pretty. 

"Blair!" Louis calls from downstairs.

"Harry's going to drop dead when he sees you," Lottie says.

"I don't care what Harry does," I say as I slip on teal ballet flats and descend the stairs.

Louis raises his eyebrows when he sees me.

"I hope you're not dressing up for Harry," he spits.

"No," I snap. "I'm dressing up because we're going to a party."

Louis smirks and nods. "Good. Let's go."

(remember to vote and comment! xx)