36

"Blair." I turn and see Jane smirking at me.

"Hi," I say over the music.

"I must say, that dress does look great on you," she says, balancing a drink in her hand.

"Thanks."

She smiles. "Where's Harry?"

I shrug. "Lost sight of him," I lie.

"I see." She cocks her head at me, her eyes taunting. I swallow. I look around and catch sight of Perrie at the bar. I shoot Jane another smile and make my way over to Perrie, who's mixing a drink for Niall.

"Hey," she greets me. "Jane giving you a hard time?"

I shake my head. "I just need another one of those raspberry things," I say and Niall laughs. I've never really gotten to know Niall, although I do know he's Louis' closest friend. He really has a contagious laugh and his blonde hair always looks so soft. I stare at it now, alcohol swirling in my veins as I down the rest of my raspberry drink.

"Can I touch your hair?" I blurt.

Niall looks at me. "Why?" He asks, laughing a bit.

I giggle, too. "I don't know, it just looks so soft," I say.

"Sure, go ahead." He leans toward me and I reach out, running my fingers through it.

"Wow, that is soooooooo soft!" I slur, taking a sip of the drink Perrie slides toward me.

Niall laughs. "Thanks, I guess," he says.

"What shampoo do you use?" I ask.

"Blair." I hadn't noticed Harry walking up to us. His eyes bore holes in me. If looks could kill.

"Oh, hey Harry," I say. "Have you felt Niall's hair? It's the softest hair I've ever seen."

"I'm taking you home," Harry snaps.

"No!" I refuse. "I don't want to go home yet."

"Blair," he says through gritted teeth.

"You can't tell me what to do," I slur, taking another sip of my drink.

"Fuck, stop drinking!" He commands, grabbing the drink from me and throwing it to the ground, the glass shattering and the pink liquid spilling everywhere.

"See what you've done, Harry," I snap. "You've made a mess." I bend down and try to pick up some of the pieces, but my vision blurs and I can't tell one shard from the other.

"Blair, come on." Harry tugs my arm but I rip it from his grasp.

"You can't tell me what to do!" I say again, drunken anger taking over my brain.

"Yes, I can," Harry growls dangerously.

"You can narrow your eyes at me all you want, Harry, but you don't scare me," I say to him, turning to walk back towards Perrie and Niall.

"Don't walk away from me!" Harry shouts, taking a long stride to me and gripping my wrist. I try to pull it away from him, but he's too strong and I'm too drunk.

"I can do what I want," I say.

"No, you can't, Blair, because some things aren't right for you! For example, coming to this goddamn warehouse party!"

"You told me to come!" I shout at him. "You practically forced me!"

"Yes, I did, and I shouldn't have. You shouldn't have come, this was all a mistake."

"It was, you're right. Just like letting you kiss me!" I yell and Perrie gasps.

Harry's eyes widen and I take this opportunity to rip my wrist from his grasp and try to disappear in the crowd. Most people are wearing dark colors, so I blend in fairly well. The music pounds in my ears, drowning out Harry's yells. I dodge behind drunk people attempting to dance, keeping Harry's angry head of curls in sight.

I stop to catch my breath; this is not easy to do when drunk. A hand grabs my wrist and Harry looms over me, his eyes narrowed into angry slits.

"You have no idea how fucking pissed I am," he growls, tugging me back through the crowd and outside to his car. I feel slightly dizzy from the alcohol and playing cat and mouse with Harry.

Harry shoves me against his car, pinning my arms to my sides so I can't run off again. He looks like he's trying not to completely burst into flames with rage.

"Blair," he says, his voice shaky. "If you ever fucking run off like that again, I will..." He shakes his head.

"I'm not a child," I snap.

"Then quit acting like one!"

"Oh, I'm acting like a child? I'm just trying to live my own life without you intervening and telling me how to live it!"

"You're drunk as fuck, Blair!"

"You're the one who made me come to this party!"

"I can't believe what you said, in front of Perrie, as well!" He shouts.

"What? That we kissed? Why is it such a secret? You used to kiss Jane in front of everyone! Or, who knows? You still might!" I yell, the alcohol draining from my body.

"You fucking take that back."

"Make me!" I shout. I know I'm testing his limits.

"Why are you being like this?"

"Because you kiss me and tell me you love me and that I'm your lights, but in the end you go off and leave me alone with my thoughts! We go in circles Harry, don't you see?" I repeat what I told him on the roof.

"What do you want me to do, ask you to be my girlfriend?" He almost laughs.

I look at the ground. I can't admit that he's right. "No," I lie. "No, that's the last thing I want." I meet his burning gaze with my own.

"Then what do you want?"

"I want you to leave me alone, once and for all!" I yell.

Harry steps back from me like I've hit him. "You don't mean that," he growls. "You say that now, but we both know tomorrow you'll be crawling back to me."

"That's what I am to you, right Harry? Just someone who parasitically clings to you!"

"That's not true."

"I'm just your self-esteem booster, your--"

"Blair, you mean more to me than my own fucking life!" He shouts.

"Oh, bullshit," I scoff. "I'm sick of this shit you constantly feed me. Save your fucking breath!"

"Be my girlfriend," he says suddenly, catching us both by surprise.

(sorry for not updating, it's been a busy week for us! thank you for reading, voting, and commenting xx)