33

"Oh. Yeah." I clear my throat. "Well...I'm at work."

"That's lovely." I roll my eyes at the sarcasm in his voice.

"I'm watching Shawn's kids and they want to see you," I say, trying to hide the irritability in my voice.

"They want to see me?" He snorts. "Am I supposed to just hightail it down there because your high as fuck boss's kids want to see me?"

I grimace. "Fine, forget I called."

"Wait, wait."

I pause, huffing out in annoyance. "What?"

"Do the kids want to see me...or do you want to see me?"

"The kids do."

"I'm finding that a little hard to believe."

"Fine, then don't believe it. I don't care."

"I think you want to see me."

"Please. If anything, I was hoping to steer clear of you so you wouldn't speak to me like I'm a six year old." I see Katie snicker out of the corner of my eye.

"Oh, bullshit."

"Look, are you coming or not?"

"If you say its you who wants to see me and not the kids."

"I'm not going to say that."

"Alright, then bye."

"Wait!" I sigh, pressing a palm to my forehead. "Fine. I want to see you."

"What now?"

"You're pushing my limits."

"Am I?"

"Harry," I warn through gritted teeth.

"Blair."

"I want to see you," I say in a monotone.

"Alright, I'll be there soon." I can practically hear the smirk in his voice.

I roll my eyes and hang up to see the two kids laughing hysterically. "What's so funny?" I ask.

"You should have seen your face," Bryce giggles. He pulls an exaggerated annoyed face and I can't help but laugh with him.

"I did not look like that," I retort.

"You totally did," Katie says.

"You looked like that the whole ride from the airport, too," Bryce adds.

I huff. "Harry's an idiot, that's why."

"There's the face again!" Katie laughs.

"Very funny," I say, leaning back into the chair. "Now hush or I'll call Harry back and tell him not to come." That shuts them up and I smirk.

Minutes later Shawn calls me to the front desk.

"Blairbear! Your boy is here!" I glare at the kids when they laugh and I walk out to retrieve Harry.

"He is not my boy," I snap at Shawn once outside. "Not even close."

Harry wears a smug expression. "Nice to see you too, Blair."

"Shut up," I say and turn to walk back into the back room.

"You owe me for this," Harry says as he follows me back to where the kids are.

"I owe you nothing," I retort as we walk into the room.

"Guys, you remember Harry," I say. The smile and wave to him. Harry puts on the most fake smile I've ever seen and slumps into a chair.

"You know, I was at work when you called," he tells me as I sit into a chair opposite him.

"Am I supposed to care?" I snap.

"I could be tattooing someone right now but I'm here with you," he replies coldly.

"Sorry that I interrupted you from your art," I say, my voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Jesus, tone down the PMS," Harry retorts.

My jaw drops and Bryce laughs.

"You are unbelievable," I utter through my disbelief.

"I don't even understand why you're mad at me," he snaps. "I did nothing wrong."

"You yelled at me when I was at the end of my fucking relapse, you prick," I spit. "Of course I'm goddamn mad!"

The kids don't laugh anymore. They know this is too serious of a topic.

"You didn't tell me where--"

"I'm not talking to you about this," I say, crossing my arms over my chest.

"You have to--"

"Not now. Not here," I say through gritted teeth.

Katie and Bryce stare at us.

"Toss me the fucking rubber band ball," Harry says and Katie throws it to him. The three toss it back and forth for a while, almost breaking a few of Shawn's trinkets here and there. I grab one of Shawn's books and curl up to read. This has turned out very badly, with Harry and I fighting--especially in front of Katie and Bryce. I read for a while longer before slowly drifting off to the sound of the rubber band ball bouncing around.

"Is she asleep?"

"Yes, don't wake her. She'll rip your head off. Trust me, I know."

"She looks peaceful."

"She is."

"Is she cold?"

"Looks like it."

There's silence for a while before I'm engulfed by something warm, and I instantly feel better.

"There."

"When can we wake her?"

"Just let her sleep for a bit. She's had a rough past couple of days. Now, pass me the goddamn ball."

When I finally decide to open my eyes, I realize Harry put his jacket around me. I don't know why he carries around a jacket, it's the middle of August for God's sake, but I'm grateful.