15

"Are you mad?" He asks me.

I don't answer. He's got to be a real moron if he doesn't know the answer to that. I cross my arms over my chest stubbornly.

"I'm talking to you," he snaps.

"Do I look like I give a fuck that you're talking?" I bite back.

Harry's hands grip the steering wheel so that his knuckles almost go white. "Don't fucking talk to me like that."

"Why? You always talk to me like that!"

"Dammit, Blair! You're making this so difficult, like always!"

"Making what difficult?"

"Everything!" Harry huffs, running a hand through his hair. His cheeks are flushed with anger and frustration.

"Then you shouldn't have driven me," I say childishly.

"You would have gotten into trouble."

"No, I wouldn't have. I can take care of myself."

Harry laughs without humor. "You would have gotten mugged or something. Trust me, Blair. I know the people that hang around here."

"Because you're one of them, right?"

Harry's eyes flash. "No, I'm not."

"What do you care, anyway? If I had gotten mugged or something, what's it to you?"

"Of course I fucking care," Harry snaps, avoiding my gaze.

I roll my eyes, laughing dryly. "Please, continue to amuse me."

"You think this is a fucking joke?"

"I know this is a fucking joke, Harry, since everything with you is some kind of sick game! It's like I don't even know you anymore!"

"Oh, don't even go there. You know perfectly well you know me better than anyone!"

"I used to, but now you...you play with my feelings like it's some sort of toy!"

"That's a load!"

"You may not see it, but it's true! You don't understand the effects that your words have!"

"Neither do you!"

"Right, when have I ever hurt you as much as you hurt me?"

"When you...when you told me you didn't love me." He looks straight ahead, his hands gripping the steering wheel with such force I think it may snap off.

"Oh, please. Now that's a load. Since you 'don't fall in love.'" I roll my eyes.

"What I meant is that I don't try to but..." Harry searches for words, his eyes looking everywhere but mine.

"But what, Harry? What?" I ask viciously.

"But you make it so fucking hard to stay true to that!" He yells, looking away.

"What is that supposed to mean?"

Harry slams on the brakes, stopping the car abruptly as he pulls onto the shoulder of the road. "It means that no matter what I do, who I'm with, or how fucking mad I am at you, I still love the shit out of you and there's nothing I can do about it!"

My breath hitches in my throat. "But what about--"

"Jane is a fucking whore that I don't give two shits about, alright? I don't know why I let her hang around me like that, but I'll make it stop for you, okay?" He runs a hand through his hair and exhales deeply.

I stare at Harry in disbelief. "Really?"

"Of course." He takes a breath, looking straight ahead. "Of course."

I can't stop the silly smile from spreading across my face. He pulls me into a tight hug, his smile matching mine.

"Why do we have to always fight?" He asks into my ear.

"Because we aren't normal. Like you said, we're really different people," I reply. His lips brush just under my ear lightly and I inhale a shaky breath. He runs his fingers down my arm, resting on the back of my hand.

"But don't they say opposites attract?" He whispers, green eyes boring into mine. I watch the way his pupils grow and shrink into a sea of green and gold. He picks my hand up, kissing the fingers gently.

"I'm sorry that I always fuck with your feelings," he says against my skin. His hand moves, cupping the back of my neck. "I promise I'll be better. For you." He leans forward and kisses me. He really kisses me, opening his mouth and pulling me closer.

His lips taste like a Coke that has sat in the sun too long and the bubbles burn your lips. I can think of nothing better--nothing sweeter--than kissing Harry. To feel his lips move against mine leaves me breathless, but somehow I still manage to get air into my lungs.

"I'll be better, too," I whisper against his lips. "I won't be such a bitch." A laugh escapes Harry. His lips find mine again, as he pulls me towards him. I slip over the divider clumsily, but he doesn't seem to notice. He leans back, resting against the car window. My elbow hits the steering wheel causing the horn to go off. Harry laughs into my mouth as his hands wrap around my waist. My hands weave through his curls, tugging them gently.

"Blair," he breathes into my mouth. He pulls my legs around his waist, so I'm straddling him. He holds my face with his hands, his thumb stroking over my cheekbone. I slip forward suddenly my fingers grabbing the control panel rim. The window slides down quickly, but Harry ignores it. He leans forward into me so I can put the window back up. He leans back again, bringing me down with him.

I lean back, my hair falling over my shoulder into my face. Harry's eyes are light and mystifying. I open my mouth to say something when someone harshly knocks on the window. Harry and I both jump and I hastily climb off of Harry, trying to fix my unruly hair. Harry rolls down the window calmly.

"How can I help you, officer?" He asks. I start.

"Yeah, can I see your license and registration?" My eyes widen when I recognize my dad's brown hair and scruffy beard.

(a/n: sorry for the long wait for the update! again, we are very busy with school and will update as often as we can. we also encourage you to comment - what you think of the story, characters, etc. we appreciate every read we get, and want to know just how we're doing as writers! thank you again for taking time to read, vote, fan, and comment! xx, tess & lauren)