44

I put my head in my hands. Why did I have to snoop? I could have just left the phone there and none of this would have ever happened. I should buy Harry a new phone. Tomorrow I'll go and get him one. I sigh and try to concentrate on my book again.

The text I read on his phone continues to swim through my mind. Is Harry hiding something from me? He was talking with Louis about something he needed to tell me. What is it?

I guess I'll find out when he decides to tell me.

Nine o'clock slowly rolls around and I begin to clean up the place for the night. I grab my things and Matched that Harry left behind. I still have absolutely no idea how I'll get home. I guess I'll call Louis, and if worst comes to worst I'll call my dad.

I lock up and sigh. My heart wrenches with guilt. I knew it was wrong to read that text. Why didn't I listen to my instincts?

I turn around and part my lips in shock when I see Harry leaning against his car, his mouth set in a tight line.

I swallow and slowly walk up to him. I don't want to have a screaming match with him, and I don't want him to be mad at me. Who am I kidding? Of course he's mad at me.

"I thought you left," I say quietly.

"I did." His voice sends shivers down my spine. "I forgot my book." He holds out a hand. I hand Matched to him cautiously.

"I'll buy you a new phone," I say quietly.

"It's not about the fucking phone, Blair. It's the fact you fucking snooped and read my goddamn text messages when I left for five fucking minutes to go to the bathroom!"

I flinch. "I made a mistake, I'm sorry."

He sighs, running a hand through his hair. "Is it that you don't trust me? Do you think I have something to hide?" 

"No, I--"

"Save your bullshit excuses, Blair. I don't have the fucking patience."

"Don't tell me that if our roles were reversed you wouldn't do the same thing!" I manage to shout over his rage.

He stares at me. "No, I wouldn't, because I'm not fucking nosy like you!"

"Nosy? You think I'm nosy?"

"You looked through my goddamn phone!"

"Look, Harry, I'm sorry that I looked through your phone, alright? I'm sorry." I pull out my own phone and turn away, beginning to dial Louis' number.

"Who the fuck are you calling?"

"Louis, because my ride ditched me."

"Oh, for fuck's sake!" Harry throws his hands in the air in frustration.

I hold my phone to my ear, and next thing I know, the phone is ripped from my grasp and thrown onto the pavement. I watch as the glass shatters everywhere, even worse than Harry's.

I put my palm on my forehead. "Are you serious?" I shout at him.

I see pure rage in his eyes.

"Great, now both our phones are broken. Happy now?"

"I'm your ride," he says, his voice low and raspier than usual.

"In your fucking dreams," I hiss.

"Really, who are you going to call?" His gaze taunts me.

"I would rather be fucking murdered and thrown into a gutter later to be eaten by sewer rats than get a ride with you!" I shout.