45

I direct Harry to Dr. Stone's office (which is conveniently located across town--note the sarcasm) and we arrive barely on time.
I tug Harry into the waiting room, smiling at Sally. "We're back," I say to her.

"Great! I'll intercom Dr. Stone. He should be out shortly." She smiles at me. "Blair," she says as we turn around to sit down. "You look really lovely today."

I blush. "Thanks, Sally."

She winks at me and Harry and I take our seats in the waiting room. Harry bounces his leg up and down with impatience. I put my hand on his thigh. "Calm down," I say. "You're fine."

He sighs. "This therapy shit really stresses me out," he says.

"I know, it stressed me out too."

He looks at me. "Really?"

I nod. "Oh, yeah. My father used to have to drag me here."

He smiles. "That actually makes me feel a little bit better."

I laugh a bit. "Why?"

He shrugs. "Nothing seems to stress you out."

"Except for you," I say and he laughs, leaning over and kissing my temple gently.

Dr. Stone soon emerges from his office, a smile spreading across his face when he sees us. "Well, if it isn't the dynamic duo."
I laugh lightly. If he only knew just how dynamically we fight.

"Nice to see you, Dr. Stone," I say.

"You too, Blair." He turns to Harry. "You now have the opportunity to have Blair sit in on the session. Is that something you would want?"

Harry looks at me. "No," he says, surprising us both.

"Alright," Dr. Stone says, clapping his hands together. "Let's get started, then."

I sit back down in my seat. Last time, Harry had practically begged Dr. Stone to let me sit in on the session. Now he doesn't want me to? I shake off the thought and focus on my new phone.
I decide to call Liam to pass the time.

"Hi, Blair," he says when he answers. "How are you?"

"I'm great," I say. "You?"

"At work."

"Yikes. Are the kids still there?"

"Unfortunately. They fly out at the end of the month."

"Is Shawn making you watch them?"

"Yep."

"It's weird how he has us watch them...they're teenagers, you know?"

"I was thinking exactly the same thing. When I was their age, my parents didn't hire babysitters for me."

"Exactly!" Liam and I share a laugh.

"So, what are you up to?" Liam asks.

Should I tell him? "Not much...just...at home." Harry would surely murder me if I told anyone about his insomnia.

"Lucky you."

I laugh. "I guess so."

"Well, I'd better go. No talking on the job, remember?"

I laugh lightly. "How could I forget. Talk to you soon, Liam."

"Shit!"

I snap my head up to where Sally is. She looks utterly frazzled, her head in her hands. I get up from my seat and walk over to her desk.

"Everything alright?" I ask her.

"I just got a call from my son's school," she says. "Apparently, he put a tack on the teacher's chair."