40

"Come on, Harry. We're lucky they even made time for you today." I tug Harry's arm, but he doesn't budge.

"I don't want to do this," he grumbles. "This is bullshit."

"Harry," I say sternly.

"Blair," he says through gritted teeth.

"Harry, you promised. Please do this. For me?" I raise my eyebrows.

He sighs. He mutters a string of curses under his breath as we walk into the waiting room.

"Hello, Blair," the receptionist says, instantly recognizing me. "Long time no see!"

"Hi, Sally," I greet her. "It has been awhile." Sally is a woman of about fifty who has been working as a receptionist here for maybe ten years. She has brown hair that has begun to grey and kind, hazel eyes.

Her eyes shift to Harry. "Hello, dear," she greets him. "How may I help you?"

"Uh, he has an appointment with Dr. Stone," I say. "Three o'clock."

"Of course," Sally says, checking her computer. "Styles, is it?"

Harry nods.

"Take a seat and Dr. Stone will be out shortly." Sally smiles.

Harry and I take a seat. "Be nice," I hiss at him.

"Why?"

"Because I said so," I retort.

"Blair, I really...I really don't know about this."

"Relax," I say, squeezing his hand. "I'm here."

He looks at me gratefully and kisses my temple.

A few minutes pass before I recognize the smart grey hair and glasses of Dr. Stone.

"Blair Price," he greets me, his blue eyes kind. "Never thought I'd see you here again."

"It's nice to see you, Dr. Stone," I say, smiling. I look to Harry. "This is...Harry Styles."

"Mr. Styles," Dr. Stone greets Harry, sticking out his hand. Harry shakes it tentatively. "It's a pleasure." He turns to me again. "Blair, is this the same Harry that you would always speak about in your sessions?"

I flush and Harry smirks. "Uh...yeah. Same Harry." I look at the floor.

"Wow, all grown up I see. What a lovely pair you make." Dr. Stone chuckles, adjusting his glasses. "Now, Mr. Styles, if you'll follow me to my office--"

"Blair can come," Harry says automatically.

"Unfortunately, Mr. Styles, the first session is one on one. A personal policy."

"Can't you violate that policy just once?" I silently plead Harry not to pick a fight.

"Afraid not, Mr. Styles. Now, if you'll follow me."

I nod to Harry who reluctantly turns and follows Dr. Stone back to his office. I bite my lip, hoping we get something out of this.

As I sit, the waiting room slowly empties out. I lazily flip through a magazine and check the clock. Only a half hour has passed. I sigh.

"Blair," Sally calls from the desk. I look up to see her walking toward me. She sits beside me and crosses her legs, smiling at me. "How are you, sweetheart? It feels like ages since I've seen you!"

I laugh. "Only four years, Sally."

"Gosh, I remember when you came here every Thursday after school. Complaining about all the homework you had!" Sally chuckles.