47

"Don't be worried," Harry says.

"I'm not worried."

"I see that look on your face. You've known my mum as long as I have, Blair. Don't be worried."

I sigh. "I hope she makes that pie for dessert."

"I was thinking the same thing," Harry says. "With a shit load of whipped cream on it."

I giggle. "I hope you won't speak like that around your mum."

"I can fucking speak however I fucking want," he says, teasing me. I smirk.

I roll my eyes and lean my head against the window. Harry reaches over and laces his fingers through mine. He brings my hand to his lips, planting a soft kiss to it. My heart flutters at his small gesture. He rests our hands in his lap as he uses his other hand to drive.

"Good thing there's no traffic," he muses.

"Yeah," I agree. "Three hours in an enclosed space is enough with you."

Harry smirks. "You should be talking."

I narrow my eyes at him. "I am delightful," I snap.

"Delightfully annoying."

I clench my jaw. "Boyfriends are supposed to be nice," I say, scoffing.

"Sorry, sorry. What I meant to say is that you are the most pleasant person--"

"Shut up, I know you're lying." I grin at him and he laughs.

We drive on, and one, then two hours pass. I see the sky begin to turn orange with the sunset. Harry yawns.

"I can drive if you want," I offer.

He shakes his head. "It's fine."

"Are you sure?"

"I don't want you breaking my car."

I snort. "I would not break your car."

"Right."

I roll my eyes and notice my hand is still nestled with Harry's in his lap. I smile.

We finally pull into the driveway of a tall brick house. Trees line the walkway to the wooden front door, almost like a mini tree tunnel.

"Wow, this is beautiful," I say as I unbuckle.

Harry shrugs. "Robin's filthy rich."

I roll my eyes at him. Before we can even get our bags out of the car, the front door opens and out comes Harry's mum, Anne. She wears an apron and her hair is the same as it's always been: dark and straight. She beams at us and pulls us both into a hug.

"I thought I heard someone out here!" She gushes. "My God, look at you two. Blair, you're so beautiful, Jesus. Harry, more tattoos I see. Oh, never mind. Come in, come in! I'm just finishing dinner!"

Harry rolls his eyes. "Mum," he groans. "We have our bags to get out."

"Oh, of course. I'm sorry, I'm just so excited to see you two!" She claps her hands together. "I'll get Robin to help you with the bags."

"That's alright, we've got them," I say to her.

Anne beams at us again before retreating back into the house, leaving Harry and I to drag our bags inside.

"She's so damn bubbly," Harry says.

"Oh, she's wonderful," I say. We make our way inside through the large wooden door and into the foyer. The ceiling reaches high and tall windows allow plenty of light in.