Prologue

-16th July 2004- New York

He swayed his free arm, swinging it freely while humming holding "his" hand. The little boy around age seven with coffee brown hair and dull grey orbs blinked rapidly looking up at the man holding his hand.

"Mommy said i shouldn't talk to you"

He mumbled to the old pale looking man that didn't bother answering him and continued walking the boy in school uniform along the streets while keeping his hand held tightly.

"Austin!" A woman waved the boy from a far and a big smile appeared on his face

"I'll see you again Señor" the boy pulled off his hand and ran off waving the man as he headed forward leaving his dark fragile figure behind.

"You're back, welcome home" the woman said patting the boy's head gently

The boy smiled at her and ran into the house where she was standing in wait for.

The woman leaned forward and looked around in all directions

"Boi who were you talking to?"

The child popped his head back out of the door and pointed in a direction for her mum "Mr Eugene"

"Ah, your imaginary friend again?" The woman sighed and closed the door taking the child in.

--

20th June 2014

"Japan?"

"Your father's family is in Japan boi and ever since your grandmas death i got no family to stay here for.." the mother replied folding dark blue jeans in her hand her coffee brown hair loosely tied in a bun.

"Hm whatever i don't really care" the boy laid back resting a book on his face covering it so his expression wasn't visible to her.

"Think you can make some new friends?" The mother looked at the boy with a gentle face

"Don't need em' mum , wake me up at dinner time" the boy sighed against the cold pages making them flutter a bit.

--

"I've got all the things Takahashi, think your mum would like the sweater i knit for her?" Aurora asked ironing her husband's shirt while he was in the shower.

"Definitely sweetheart but get her some artificial flowers too, they are a kind gesture and if you're going for real plants make sure they are planted not plucked or she loses it" Takahashi chuckled a little remembering her old lady.

"You've been living without your family for years now, do you miss her?" Aurora asked turning the shirt over and placing it on the bed.

"I do ofcourse but she would have felt bad if i brought you back especially when your mum had cancer and she needed you" Takahashi turned the shower knob out and tied a towel around his waist.

"I'm sorry.." She felt bad that she had kept her husband away from his family.

"Don't worry about it, mom said she was absolutely fine with it and once she'd meet her grandson I'm sure the old woman will be satisfied for all the years she missed.." He came out using a spare towel to dry his hair.

"I'm going to have real trouble understanding Japanese since your mother can't speak English" the woman smiled a bit and seated her husband taking the towel from his hand and starting to dry his hair.

"You should have learned when i was teaching AJ" (nickname for Austin as his father's name goes Takahashi Jun)

he laughed a bit

"What's he doing by the way?"

--

"Espansoto"

Austin stood infront of the mirror and scratched his arms violently making the previously healed skin with nail marks peel off and bleed again.

The room was dark and the only light was that of the moon that peeked through his window as the curtains danced against it.

The closet behind him slowly creaked open but the boy paid no attention and moved hands from his arms to his face starting to trail his reddish tainted fingers with peeled of skin in his nails over his face

"Vete a la mierda!"

He punched at the glass mirror which shattered and dropped all over the floor shining like crystals over the floor board that shone in the moon light, his knuckle bruised and burning red

The mother rushed upstairs hearing the sound and so did the father just in his boxers

"What happened?"

She swung open the door in utter panic only to find the boy peacefully asleep on his bed and nothing in the room that would seem out of the ordinary..the closet shut, the mirror intact and the window panes locked.