Chapter Forty-Eight

The men stood with widened eyes as they gazed forth at the horrific scenery, decapitated heads hanging from trees like fruits while bodies were left lying on ground floating in pool of red.
"They are monsters!" One yelled with terrified eyes.
"We're going to die!" Another yelled hysterically.
A massive aura of fear and depression rose among the masses till a man in hood walks in slowly unaffected by the fear of others and views the situation carefully and after a while of simply standing and listening he walks away calmly.
....
The sound of a slap echoed the room followed by sobbing and igaraishi sat with a red cheek infront of Takahashi whose eyes were red from rubbing. The persecutors had long gone being unable to capture their victim due to previous circumstances.
"I'm so sorry" igaraishi clenched onto his thighs with a bent head while yuna and tsubaki stood behind him too silently.
"I just lost my wife!" Takahashi yelled with a lumping voice.
"Takahashi... There was no way..he tried to save you.." Yuna interrupted.
"He could've said Reiji was alive!" Takahashi yelled even at his sister.
"That wouldn't do, reiji san's soul is alive but the blood and body are Austin's, your blood contract with him is void anyone can sense that your a lone sai without the human scent masking you" Yuna argued back.
"Yuna san..it's okay.." Igaraishi held her hand to calm her down.
"I shouldn't be here.." Tsubaki mumbled a bit uncomfortably and walked out of room to avoid getting between the adults.
"Takahashi san.." Igaraishi tried to reach his hand towards Takahashi's head but he slapped it away.
"Don't touch me!" Takahashi yelled with a frown yet tear streaming eyes.
"Alright alright.. Calm down, i won't touch you ok?" Igaraishi tried to play mature but it was ticking yuna off.
"He could've let them take you away and you'd be abused and tortured for eternity! He's staking his own reputation for you! How ungrateful can you be!? Do you know your own reputation? He's going to be soiled for the fact that almost everyone has had fun over you!" Yuna yelled and then ran out of the room leaving Takahashi shocked.
"Yuna san!" Igaraishi called out to her but she didn't listen and left the room crying.
Takahashi was now sitting with a lowered head, it was true that he had his body tainted by many and that igaraishi was known for his purity and it made him feel even worse then before thinking how he had simply ruined igaraishi's reputation that he earned over centuries.
"Takahashi?" Igaraishi used a pencil to poke at his shoulder to break him out of his thoughts "it's a pencil, I'm not touching so don't be mad.."
"Don't save me anymore, i can't repay this much.." Takahashi clenched his teeth.
"I did not ask to be repayed" igaraishi replied "i did not do this with any motive to harm you, even now that you're my spouse i can easily subjugate you using my blood that became a part of your veins..but that's not my intention i won't disrespect the woman you loved"
Takahashi was a bit surprised hearing that and covered his face with both hands
"if i could go back in time..I'd stay with reiji and then Aurora chan would've been alive leading a happy family with Austin somewhere else.." He mumbled balling his fists "i wanted to save myself and i became selfish enough to drag everyone down with me"
"Can i touch just a little? i want to slap you and yell don't be mean to the people who loved you by trying to undo meeting them..."
Igaraishi said with a serious face but then Takahashi broke into tears again.
"I'm sorry" he mumbled and igaraishi placed a hand over his head.
"Don't cry i wasn't really going to hit" igaraishi started to panic a little which made Takahashi giggle a little with those teary eyes.
....
"Ivan?"
"I heard them whispering to one another"
Reiji sighed looking up where Asuza was sitting on a tree branch.
"So the disgusting man won't show himself" Reiji chuckled.
"I expected as much" Asuza mumbled "who is Ivan though? And why is he being sent over to eradicate us?"
"Ivan shuichi, my cousin..he's my uncle's son" Reiji replied.
"Heh? I didn't know your dad has a brother" Asuza swung his legs back and forth.
"Had" Reiji corrected "my dad ate him and took in his son as a guardian but later Ivan became his spouse"
"Brute..why would this ivan guy go along with a murderer of his own father..?" Asuza asked
"He doesn't know" igaraishi smirks.
"Huh?" Asuza raised a brow.
"Only i witnessed the murder itself, since we have a few pureblooded clans from other lands as enemies so it was faked in that he was killed by an enemy but i know the truth" reiji replied.
"And you didn't tell him?" Asuza asked.
"I valued my life at that time, now? I simply make things happen my way" reiji rested his back against the tree.
"Your mom? You've never told about her" Asuza asked attentively.
"I was very young when she deceased i don't remember her ever being there" Reiji didn't seem much bothered by talking about her.
"Your dad probably didn't love her..considering he didn't fall in despair or desired death despite being a vivei" Asuza said bluntly.
"Vivei's fall in love once doesn't mean they lust for once too..that man can never fall in love.." Reiji replied "well we don't know if i had a mom or dad"
"What do you mean?" Asuza asked.
"It's not like we reproduce by human gender..as long as you're a sai you can conceive a baby with a vivei partner regardless of your human form's gender..that's the main difference between a sai and vivei one carries the seed the other can conceive..which is also why two viveis or two sais can't have children even if they are man and woman.." Reiji replied making Asuza's eyes widened, he definitely didn't knew that and it was written all over his face.
Reiji read through his expression "take your sister for example, she cannot conceive, it's impossible despite her female appearance.... but if she were to plant her seed in a sai then even a male sai can carry her child"
"Ehhhhh..then what about with humans?!"
"Normally our kind cannot produce a child with human...so I'm surprised this kid was born" Reiji spoke looking at his own hands.
"Then what about us?" Asuza asked directly.
Reiji shrugged
"I'm a vivei and you're a vivei..we probably can't but then again I'm kinda a hybrid too at the moment with this sai body...who knows"
...
"What is it mom?"
"Well i was unsure if i should show it to Takahashi or not.."
She walked to one of the boxes and brought it over to tsubaki
"Journals?" Tsubaki peeped inside the box then looked at her mother.
"Just open it"
"What..the.."
Tsubaki's facial expression turned a bit white.
"Yeah.."
"Who else knows?"
"Me,you and Cheimi san...i don't know what to make out of this.."
Yuna answered.
"Judging by these pictures i don't think he knew these pictures were taken.."
"What I'm guessing doesn't sound good"
"Did she know of our kind?"
"Probably from a long time.."
"Then how can she be too careless about her son to begin with..something's really fishy.."
"I've wondered for really long about Austin's birth..a child between human and our kind has never existed before then why now?"
"I don't like this, i don't like this at all"
Tsubaki mumbled to herself.
...
"Child of a human and anquis?...Interesting"
The man smirked widely sitting on huge red chair in a big dark hall with followers lined up at both corners.
The huge gate opened and walked in a beautiful figure dressed in a white hood that showed a few strands of his silver hair resting on his forehead, a huge cloak covered his body.
"Dismissed" the man says loudly and all guards bowed walking out, the figure on the other hand walked closer.
He then bowed infront of the red haired man and proceeded only when told to proceed.
He sat gracefully nearby the man's feet
"My beautiful boy" the man raised his chin, making the hood fall back exposing his face more clearly, he had a black blindfold tied over his eyes that the man removed once they were alone and kissed upon his eye lid before he fluttered open his beautiful grey eyes
"Your pure eyes that see no other man than me are a treasure" he smirked down at the boy.
"What shall i do for you Rai sama?" The boy spoke but soon received a harsh slap on his beautiful face.
"Donot speak until i allow you to" the man said and leaned down licking his red cheek
"i want to hand you a very fun task again, you can shed as much blood as you want"
the man whispered and a mischievous little smirk formed on the boy's soft looking lips.
....
"Ivan?"
"Yes"
The hooded figure bowing infront of igaraishi informed him.
"That's bad...i need to do something before Ivan gets hands on those two..if anything's worse in Anquis mundos other then hell punishers then it's Ivan"
"Let me come with you"
Igaraishi turns around suddenly hearing the voice behind him as the person walked out of the house too. "Takahashi?"
"Please.. Let me finish what i started!" Takahashi bowed.
"But.."
"Take him" a voice came from above and igaraishi looked up watching tsubaki standing on a tree branch.
"It's not safe.." Igaraishi argued "let me handle this"
"Igaraishi san take him..i don't think Austin is dead yet and if anyone should save him then it should be his father"
Tsubaki did said so giving Takahashi almost a shock
"Austin's..?" Takahashi's mouth hung open a bit.

"Yeah"

"How do you know?" Igaraishi raised a brow.

"What if i tell you that the little story about Mr. Eugene that was told to us was a big fat lie?"