Chapter Two

"That's not even funny!"
"But i didn't do it" Takahashi pleaded like a desperate boy in front of his wife
"Come on bring your hands out, you know I'm not going to melt away with that innocent face of yours" Aurora tapped a plastic ruler on her hand.
"But it wasn't a prank i swear, i know you worked hard"
Takahashi hung his head low in an apologetic manner
"Mom maybe he went barefoot to somewhere dirty...kinda like sleep walking?"
Austin had to intervene seeing his dad's helpless expression
"Oh sweetie you're naive , he used to do so many pranks back in the days when we got newly married" The mother argued.
"Ah..okay, I'm gonna go out and check around the house..Oba chan, ...masen ka....?"
He tried to be polite by not actually inviting rather indirectly asking she would want to accompany
The grandmother immediately understood what he wanted and nodded a no.
"I'll go ahead.." He spoke but the husband and wife were busy in their childish argument so he stood up putting his joggers on a buttoning a white full sleeved shirt over the vest he was sleeping in and headed out.
The boy walked out stretching his arms in the air and stepped onto the green grass going around the house to see how big it actually was and how many houses were around the place.
To his surprise the beautiful place wasn't much crowded with houses, rather one house was pretty far from the other in distance. There weren't much people walking around either, it seemed..sort of empty..but the chimneys of houses didn't feel like they were deserted either.
The wind was cold and sun wasn't much visible behind the clouds..considering the place was mostly trees and grass made the chirping of grasshoppers more obvious and the place rather cool.
Austin carefully stepped through the wild grass nearby heading to a beautiful red tree that he spotted from afar. He was careful not to step on ants on his way, as the tree started to get closer to his view his feet fastened up..he didn't care about stepping carefully anymore... He just wanted to get to the tree, touch it..
The beautiful tree with red leaved and a dark brown trunk stood uniquely between some ordinary trees.
Reaching closer he noticed the tree was surrounded by snakes that rolled around it's branches..
No...
He had to touch it...
He wanted to...
He spreads his hand forward, reaching it in direction of the trunk, his fingers closing in...
His finger tips just a few centimeters to touching the Aphrodite's beautiful body...
"Woof Woof!"
Startled Austin and he turned around noticing a black dog barking with its leg stuck in roots of a tree.
"You scared me boy.." Austin placed a hand on his chest breathing fast and turned away from the tree making way back to the dog and helped it out.
"How'd you get stuck here boy?" Soon as he released the dog, the big black dog much like a shepherd jumped on him starting to lick his face gratefully while Austin giggled from the ticklish sensation.
Austin patted the dog's head "What you doing here?" He asked massaging it's fluffed ears "Are you lost?" He checked for a collar and yes the dog had one with an inward name tag "Reiji? Is that the name of your owner boy?" He played with the dog that woof'd playfully in his hand.
Austin stood up and started to walk back towards his home, the dog wagged it's tail and followed Austin.
"Mom! Mom!" Austin called out Aurora after he had reached the house.
"Don't yell kid just come in and..." Aurora came out and noticed the dog that was rubbing its head to Austin's legs.
"I found him trapped in the woods.." Austin shrugged
"That looks like a dangerous dog.." The mother backed a little.
"No mum look at him, he's the cutest fella ever..he's even wearing a collar so i don't suppose he's a wild fella" Austin patted its head and he wagged its tail.
"Um okay then..anyway find his owner.." The mother sighed "I'm gonna go watch your father, if he's scrubbing the floor properly or not" she went inside.
"Alright boy, let's go look for your home" Austin spoke and started to walk around the neighborhood knocking at the doors while the neighbors awkwardly sent him away with no knowledge of the dog.
Walking back his eyes followed a smoking chimney in the woods at which the dog barked and ran inside the woods.
"Oye wait mate" he ran after the dog ending up in front of the old wooden house with a straw chimney, the dog had disappeared from his sight before he knew it.
"Where'd you go?" He looked around before hesitantly knocking the door only to find the door open
"Hello?.." He let it swing open but didn't dare to walk in until he heard the woof sound coming from inside.
"Did you go in there?" Austin slowly walked inside ,noticing the dog sitting near the couch in front of fireplace. A hand patting its head, the couch had its back towards Austin so he couldn't see who it was
"I'm sorry...the door was open so i..." Austin reached up closer to the couch.
Suddenly the man stood up, he was tall and probably in his twenties wearing a straw hat and a black yukata that made his pale white skin show off prominently. He had light brown eyes that were similar to the color of his skin.
"Um.." Austin was perplexed whether to speak or not
"It's okay.." He mumbled "it's been a while since i saw you reiji..i wondered where he went.." He patted the dog's head
"So his name is reiji...um...you're the owner?" Austin spoke hesitantly
"The owner died long time..since then he's been stray, poor creature" the man eyed the dog with a pitiful look "i wonder who'd take care of him now"
The dog woof'd and went back to Austin, rubbing it's head to his legs which urged something inside Austin
"You won't mind if i take him in..can i ?" Austin asked the man fiddling with his thumbs.
The man turned his back towards him "its yours"
This made Austin really happy since he hadn't had a friend for so long since his cat died and having this dog would be amazing.
"Thank you so much!" Austin spoke immediately "Are you a foreigner by the way? Your English is really good...you don't have a native look either"
The man didn't look back nor answered him but the dog suddenly ran off out and Austin apologized and followed the dog out first.
Austin had left the house behind in his view while following the dog
..
..
"English?"
...
...
"Soy un orador español"