Chapter Twenty-Eight

"Why me?"
"Because Asuza kun might be angry at me.." Austin replied fiddling with his thumbs.
"No seriously why in a coffee shop"
"Because i wanted somewhere we could talk privately"
"This place is too crowded for private.."
Tsubaki replied with a poker face.
"So what do you wanna talk about?" She crossed her arms ready to listen.
"Um..i know who you are..and.." Austin couldn't really figure where to start the conversation.
"Who am i? I'm tsubaki yuiichi, a medical student" Tsubaki replied sternly.
"Eh didn't you use to have the maternal surname Tsubaki Jun?" Austin raised a brow.
"That's just how mom wants us to be, i personally don't mind having a paternal surname.." Tsubaki looked away.
"Come to think of it..I've never seen your dad around.. Is there some kinda iss.." Austin tried to ask but Tsubaki glared back at him.
"Is this why you called me here?" Tsubaki spoke with a furious expression.
"N..n..no.."
"Then?"
"It's about that um you know.. Us being non human stuff.." Austin whispered and Tsubaki's eyes widened.
"Did niichan say something to you?"
Tsubaki immediately stood up.
"No...um..dad.." Austin replied a bit hesitantly.
"How much...how much did he tell you?" She asked leaning in, in a whisper.
"About sai and vivei stuff and their characteristics..but before he could continue mom came home and ever since we hadn't had any chance at discussing.." Austin replied and tsubaki took a deep breath and then settled back down.
"What do you wanna know?" She asked.
"Um for starters how do you tell a sai and vivei apart i mean can't just one pretend? " Austin whispered.
"It's the scent as far as i know.. Can't you tell how my scent is different from your dad or you never noticed?"
Tsubaki folded her arms again.
"Scent you say?" Austin tried to sniff the air "smells like Axe perfume"
Tsubaki smashed Austin's head into the table.
"You idiot don't go on smelling people like that!!!" She yelled creeping out the other guests.
"Ow.."
"Well for starters this shows how weak your senses are, or how should i put it..suppressed? Moreover why is your dad telling you this, he certainly was trying his best to keep it from you..what changed.."
Tsubaki thought over it.
"Well..things happened and i eventually found out.." Austin laughed like a dumb person while thinking about how she'd kill him if she found out about any of that.
"So is that all you want to say?" Tsubaki rested back.
"Tsubaki san, dad said I'm a sai too..what if they kill me..those cannibals..."
Austin became nervous again.
"Well if you were to ask anybody else they'd probably say you to become marked by a vivei.. cannibals usually aim for unmarked sai since they're easy prey" tsubaki replied.
"Um..how do i become marked?" Austin became uncomfortable at this point, he obviously had an idea to what it could possibly mean.
"Sleep with a vivei ofcourse, that would leave his scent over you..it would not only protect you but also make you hard to detect since a viveis scent is not that pleasant for cannibals, they don't eat them"
She replied.
"Then you are..?"
"I'm a vivei, so is my niichan but moreover why suddenly about cannibalism..don't tell me you came in contact with one?!"
Tsubaki's response made Austin even more confused, if cannibalistic viveis won't go after other viveis then why did the cannibals attack Asuza that day and even tried to consume him?
....
"Where's Austin?"
"Went to have a cup of coffee with Tsubaki chan"
"Ah they seem to be getting along pretty well.."
Aurora placed her bag on study table along with a pile of notebooks she had to check, she had just eaten food her dear husband made her and was planning to relax in before starting to work again. Takahashi who was talking from shower earlier came out with a towel around his waist and sat on the bed drying his hair. His beautiful young looking body all shining due to the water droplets that streamed down his pale white skin.
"Heh why are you suddenly getting even sexier" Aurora sulked holding back a nosebleed with a tissue.
"Not as much as you, I'm incomparable infront of my beautiful waifu" Takahashi chuckled "ah though she's too busy these days to play mommy with me.." Takahashi pouted on purpose while Aurora was pretty much at her limit of not touching him before work is done.
She literally came at him and laid him back, slipping her hand up inside the towel "ah i can't take it, I'm eating you" she mumbled before jumping in on Takahashi and starting to kiss all over his body making him moan sweetly under his lady.
"Good timing, i was almost thinking about dessert" she mumbled licking her wet fingers that she retrieved from under the towel.
"Dessert is all yours Milady"
....
"It's no use"
Austin walked next to tsubaki who was apparently dropping him home on her way home over a bicycle.
"What isn't?" She asked.
"I can't just randomly sleep with anyone even if i want to protect myself..." Austin murmured with a blush.
"Didn't i say that's what others would tell you about how to protect yourself" tsubaki replied
"Eh?..then what do you think..?"
"I think it's wrong to limit someone's potential based on sleeping with someone... Both sai and vivei are gifted, if one were to use those gifts properly enough they're equally strong.." Tsubaki replied.
"Eh...sorta..yep"
"If you were to seriously train yourself I'm pretty sure you'll be dependent on none, it's not like you're weak until you think you are.." Tsubaki's words reached deep into Austin's heart..since it was just like Asuza, even when everyone thought of him as weak Asuza himself didn't and that's what gave him strength both physical and psychological.
"Tsubaki chan thankyou" Austin bowed.
"What's with you all of sudden?" She asked uncomfortably.
"It's just I'm grateful i was able to talk to you about it..well then later"
Austin bowed and ran off, yes it had crossed his mind..if he were to protect himself he had to become stronger but that wasn't all...
he wanted to be strong to make sure what happened back then won't happen again..
He had a resolve in his mind regarding that....
Next time...
He'll be the one saving Asuza...