Chapter Fifty-Five

"We need a plan!"
"Well the plan is to get asuza and reijj and run" igaraishi whispered.
"Iggi nii because of you we went in circles around one place for hours ,you can't even find direction how do you intend to find those two" Tsubaki whispered.
"Would you two shutup I'm trying to listen here" Takahashi scolded the two, the bushes rumbled suspiciously and the guards who were standing there talking immediately gathered around it with their swords out.
"RUN!"
The three jumped out of bushes and made a run for it being chased by a few.
"Why did you two clowns have to make so much noise!" Takahashi ran forward keeping his head covered.
"You were the loudest kid" igaraishi chased up.
"We need a damn plan!" Tsubaki eventually overtook both of them and escaped first.
...
"Orders from Rai sama?"
"Yep, we are to immediately withdraw our forces against the intruders?"
"Huh? This is against our pride as security council"
"We cannot go against orders!"
"But for Rai sama to take matters into his hand for mere intruders?"
"The longer they stay ,the faster the news will spread and if it reaches all other clans, our reputation is at stake"
"Then what are our new orders?"
"Stay out of it and make sure no one gets out with this news"
...
"He's your brother, don't you have any idea what might be going through his mind?" Tsubaki asked while catching her breath.
"I dunno, i wasn't close to him he was a dull child that didn't show much emotions... Isshi nii knew him better, they were really close" igaraishi laid down on grass while facing the sky breathing heavily.
"Takahashi san , i didn't want to make you remember but what do you think he's upto?" Tsubaki asked.
"I don't know really he didn't usually talk to me much either" Takahashi replied.
"Wow like really? Did nobody actually ever try to know Reiji san?" She didn't want to admit but it kinda pissed her off when two such close relations knew nothing much about one another's feelings.. Kinda like herself and Asuza.
"Sorry" igaraishi mumbled.
"Well it's a hassle moving around in three, first we need info" she sighed "you direction dumb guy stay here!" She pointed at igaraishi "and Takahashi san can't do anything if Hell's punishers show up.." She sighed "I'll go and get any information i can"
"Who are you calling direction dumb" igaraishi spoke with a twitching brow.
"It's almost eve, I'll meet you right at this spot by tomorrow's sunrise make sure you get here without getting lost!" She carved a plus in the tree and disappeared in speed.
"Oye!" But before they could really argue she had left.
"It'll rain..we should find some place to stay for now, without information we can't wander around a huge place" Takahashi looked up at the sky where black clouds were forming.
"Um..i don't see any houses around here.." Igaraishi mumbled "and i can't tell where my house is either.."
"We shouldn't go much far from here otherwise we won't be able to find our way back tomorrow" Takahashi gave it a thought.
....
"The guards are moving back slowly i didn't find much other then the ones on borders"
"They must've made the borders security more strict so that news of public panic doesn't spread" reiji dried his shirt.
"Then Rai sama is probably on the move" Asuza was also standing shirtless "it won't be long till he discovers our hideout"
"Isn't that what we want?" Reiji shrugged "moreover did you get it?"
"Yes..with this, we stand a good chance"
...
"Cold cold cold"
"Like i said take your shirt off, you'll catch fever if you keep on wearing that wet shirt" Takahashi spoke while gathering the pieces of wood and lighting a fire by rubbing stones, he had his cloak and shirt hung on a nearby stone and it was raining hard outside the cave with really cool winds.
"Don't wanna" igaraishi was being stubborn about not removing his clothing at all.
"What's with you" Takahashi frowned a bit in annoyance "if you get fever you'll become a hindrance in our plans"
"Then...look..away.." Igaraishi said with a sort of blush.
"What are you a highschool girl?" Takahashi raised a brow then sighed and turned around "fine?"
Once Takahashi had back towards him, igaraishi started unbuttoning his shirt and took it off but sneezes the first thing after it.
"See! You're sneezing!" Takahashi spoke in an angry tone and got up grabbing his cloak and tossed it back without looking "mine has dried a little, put it around yourself"
Igaraishi caught it and opened it putting it around his shoulders and covering his body with it.
"Thanks.." He mumbled, only then Takahashi turned around to him and sat nearby the fire infront of him.
Both for a little had an uncomfortable silence between them but as the night became stormy and even more cold enough to put off the fire they didn't have much choice left.
"Igaraishi san you're shivering.." Takahashi was wearing igaraishi's cloak, the shirts hadn't dried one bit due to cold damp winds but it was a good idea that they hid the cloaks while they were barely wet in cave before searching for a better place to stay in rain earlier.
"Don't you feel cold?" Igaraishi asked with clattering teeth.
"I have a high resistance to cold" Takahashi smiled.
The night became silent once more but Igaraishi was slowly going numb with cold.
"Are you really okay?" Takahashi became a bit worried.
"My feet are freezing.. and my hands.." He barely whispered with his face going pale and suddenly collapsed.
"Igaraishi san!"
...
"This rain might even continue for a few days" Asuza mumbled spooning to reiji.
"You think so..it'll be troublesome in rain to get hold of the fight, things are going a bit against us" Reiji mumbled relaxing in the warm arms and body that heated him up in the cold.
"Well it's a mutual disadvantage" Asuza whispered with his face in reiji's neck.
"Stop it kid, i'm too sleepy for it" Reiji squirmed away.
"I'm not doing anything" Asuza replied innocently.
"Sure you ain't, your lower body is pretty honest with its intentions" Reiji mumbled with closed eyes.
"Once"
"No"
"Please"
"No"
"Pretty please"
"Asuza"
"Sorry"
...
'Warm'
He adjusted his head to the warm musical sensation that gave him a calm feeling..the music felt too familiar

.. Music?

..no..

it's the sound of a beating heart!

He suddenly opened his eyes and soon went all red blowing a bit steam when he noticed himself inside one cloak with Takahashi. Takahashi had fallen asleep seated with his back against the wall while having igaraishi seated between his legs with face rested in his chest and having feet over igaraishi's feet to warm them too.
His innocent sleeping face was too much, igaraishi's heart was beating rapidly having those arms around himself. His cheek and ear were pressed against Takahashi's bare chest though his face felt more warmer due to blood rush. He squeezed his legs together with an uncomfortable erection, the slight movement caused Takahashi to wake up
"Igaraishi san?"
"I'm okay" igaraishi replied immediately keeping his flushed face hidden.
"You're a big kid seriously and here i always had that mature and intelligent image of you" Takahashi sighed.
"Shutup.."
....
"Valleys?"
"We don't stand a chance on flat grounds but if there are hindrances then even in his anqui form he will have trouble moving around"
"I see"
"Asuza kun..we can't wait for the rain to stop..."
"Huh?"
"I can feel it...he's very nearby.."
....
He buttoned up his shirt and wore the cloak.
"The sun won't show in a bad weather like this but i guess its almost time for us to meet up" Takahashi mumbled wearing his shirt as well, he was pretty normal around igaraishi but igaraishi seemed quite frustrated even his shoulders seemed stiff.
"Igaraishi san? You listening?"
Igaraishi snapped out of his thoughts and turned to Takahashi "what?" He said making Takahashi give out a big sigh.
"Stupid Tsubaki took the bag with her, we don't even have umbrellas" igaraishi whined.
"Well you can stay behind if you want i can go get her" Takahashi wore his cloak too and covered his head.
"Like hell i will" igaraishi wore his own too "leaving a child on his own is against my policy"
"Igaraishi san you're more of a child then i am"
Both of them set out back to the joint trees where they had decided to meet, getting wet in the downpour in no seconds and ran towards the tree splashing alot of water under their feet.
"There she is" Takahashi ran towards the tree pointing to where she stood leaving igaraishi a bit behind.

"Takahashi, No..wait!"

Igaraishi yelled from behind him but just before Takahashi could actually listen to him an arm went flying in the air and Takahashi's eyes widened as he watched the blood droplets dance in the air with the flying arm and his own body with one arm less.

"THAT'S NOT HER"