Chapter Nineteen

"..Dad.."
He ran barefoot on the stony path which wounded his feet but he couldn't stop at that point, still in hospitals clothes; a white robe was starting to irritate him. To avoid slowing down he tore half of the robe off, so that now it only reached till his thighs showing a little of his blue boxers.
He ran down try hill towards his house, without taking a single breath he reached to his house and started banging at the door loudly but no one seemed to answer only rei rei showed up at the window barking.
"Rei rei chan" Austin ran upto the window "is dad in there?"
The dog only wagged its tail then suddenly ran off "oye! Oye!"
Austin tried to call the dog over by hitting at the glass of window.
The dog came back with a half empty bowl in it's mouth indicating it had been fed just a while ago "dad was here...where's he now?!" Austin was quite panicked at this point and rei rei started barking to the direction of the forest. Austin looked back at the forest as well and then shot towards the wood while panting and calling out for his dad unsure of where he could've gone. At this point his feet were bleeding due to the rough forest ground and his eyes teared up in pain but he couldn't afford taking rest.
"Dad!" Austin yelled reaching somewhere in the forest where his voice echoed among the trees with such tall barks that it was impossible to see the branches or leaves without fully raising your head.
Out of nowhere, it clicked in his brain "the red tree.." He mumbled and started running over a memorized path.
The red tree stood gorgeous as ever in middle of many trees covered in snakes as always as if they were knights of this Aphrodite.
"Dad..daddy?!" Austin called out moving his head in all directions but could find nothing.
The leaves rustled falling to ground and something crushed the leaves mercilessly under them "Austin"
Austin turned his head around for the familiar voice only to find an anaconda behind him, a huge one at that and in split seconds he made a run in other direction horrified.
Where'd that voice come from? From somewhere inside the snake? The anaconda did have a bulged stomach as if something was within it.
Austin's thoughts seemed like nightmares at the moment while he kept falling yet running.
What was that thing? Such a huge anaconda. However it wasn't following Austin rather standing tall at it's place near the tree, yet Austin couldn't stop his feet and kept running until he bumped into someone and fell back.
He raised his head only to find tsubaki standing infront of him. She clenched her fists then suddenly punched Austin in the head "how could you do that?! Running from hospital!"
"Tsubaki chan run! There's an anaconda!" Austin suddenly stood up and ran grabbing her wrist pulling her with himself.
"Oye wait..oye!" Tsubaki tried to get hold of him but Austin wouldn't stop until she finally pulled back with her full strength and pulled Austin over tossing him to the ground and sitting on his back "wait i said!"
"We have no time! It could devour us!" Austin yelled "and dad's..." Then it hit him that his dad could be back there "no we have to go back!" Austin struggled under her.
"You're not making any sense!" She yelled back "calm down would you and tell me what's up?"
"It's Dad..he's missing!" Austin told tsubaki.
"Huh? Um no your dad is out because of an emergency, something to do with your paperwork of residence and stuff, he's staying in Yokohama for a little..mom got his note" Tsubaki replied raising a brow.
"Eh but Asuza chan said.." Austin felt pretty confused.
"Niichan? What's he got to do with this?" Tsubaki got attentive hearing her brother's name "did he pull a prank or something... Ah look at your feet they're totally ugly now!"
"Eh.. " Austin tried to make sense of what he was just doing and what tsubaki said.
"Can you walk?" She said getting off his back and helping Austin up but he immediately dropped back cringing in pain "and here just now you were running like crazy, such a stress baby you are.." She sighed and turned around "climb up, I'll give you a piggy ride.."
"Ehhhhh?!" Austin crawled back blushing.
"You do in count of 3 or I'm carrying you back princess style instead" she spoke with a twitching brow and Austin gulped immediately crawling back and putting arms around her neck as she lifted him up.
"Whoa..strong.." Austin mumbled.
"I work out" she replied "moreover think about how to convince your mom..she was pretty upset"
...
"Are you doing well?"
Takahashi struggled against the binds, which were mostly overgrown roots "you..." Takahashi's eyes widened as he raised his head with quite some effort.
"And here i was trying to get a taste of your son and he totally brushed me off..." The person whined.
"Stay away from my son, do anything with me but not to my son..please" Takahashi said with a frowned expression.
"You're so suggestive" the man smirked "yet you're a disgusting sinner, why did you come back didn't i warn you not to show up near our forest again?"
Takahashi lowered his head and clenched his teeth.
"It's for the boy isn't it? He's totally lost the identity of his soul or control staying away from the place of his origin for too long.." The man walked closer.
"His human emotions were decaying, i had no choice.. I'm sorry" Takahashi still had his bent head.
"Ne, how about we recollect the memories of old times?" He grabbed Takahashi by jaws making him cringe.
"Please, let him stay this season his 18th birthday is close I'll leave this place once he's of age" Takahashi pleaded.
"You think you're going to leave? " the man smirked sending shivers down Takahashi's spine.
He grabbed at one of takahashi's leg and lifted it coming closer in and pressed himself between Takahashi's legs making his face flush with a surprised expression.
"You're as beautiful as ever aren't you, a man in his 30s looking 25 doesn't it make you seem suspicious? Your wife will keep getting older and older till she dies and you'll be stuck in his age forever... Do you understand now why it is a taboo?" The man whispered next to Takahashi's ear.
"Don't bring her into this...love is not bound by such little things like death.." Takahashi mumbled feeling grossed by the bulge that grinded against him.
"What if i hand you over to the higher ups for the taboos you've committed..this one could make you go through corrective abuse.." The man frowned and licked up Takahashi's neck.
"How's that any different from what you're doing now?" Takahashi squeezed his neck trying to avoid it.
"Ba*tard, atleast i show mercy you were a merciless creep for what you all did to reiji, we'll never forgive you!" The man shouted moving back and slapping Takahashi in the face making his lip bleed.
"I have just one question, i remember collapsing back in that room before you came in through window but the knock from inside the cupboard.. Was it you too?" Takahashi spat out blood with sort of a frown and the answer made Takahashi's face covered in fear again.
"...What knock?.."