Chapter Fifty-Six

"Such disappointment"

Igaraishi rushed towards Takahashi and got him up in arms.
"We gotta run" he mumbled but got blocked by the hooded person in blink of an eye, he didn't even see him moving.
"That's rude, are father son reunions supposed to be like this?" The hooded man removed his hood exposing his young face with same red hair as his sons, though somehow compared to him his sons were rather more beautiful while he simply seemed like an ordinary red haired guy in lavish clothing that others found beautiful only when they hadn't seen his sons.
"Father, i apologize but i don't intend to fight you i just came here to retrieve..." He was just about to mention reiji but then immediately quietened up thinking of Asuza.
"Retrieve?" The man raised a brow "how many years has it been since you ran away....which is a crime i overlooked"
"I don't want anything to do with this world, I'll leave immediately after doing what i came here to do father" igaraishi spoke formally while keeping Takahashi's face pressed to his chest by force not letting him see his face.
"Things don't work like that my boy and here you were the best candidate to take over the family..." The man sighed though with a grin.
Igaraishi clenched his teeth and suddenly made a run in his full speed to the opposite side but a punch send him flying back along with Takahashi in his arms and his back broke about three trees behind him with the pressure he was punched though Rai barely moved. There was alot of power difference and even igaraishi could tell, Takahashi's arm was slowly recovering.
"Do you know the best way to hit two birds with one stone in betrayal? Kill the traitors and blame it on another enemy to fire others against them..and you especially.. If you were to die igaraishi kun then the whole general population would go all 200% boasted hatred to the enemy clan" Rai smirked slowly walking towards igaraishi.
"What are you saying" igaraishi's eyes were widened "you are a father! How can you think about killing your own son!" Igaraishi was really shocked.
"Relations are meaningless when it comes to position power and reputation" Rai spoke with a straight face "that's what I've been taught since childhood"
"You're not my father, you can't be!" Igaraishi couldn't believe the situation.

"Oh he sure is" a third voice interrupted and from behind the trees reiji and Asuza came forward drenched in rain as well.
"We got company" Rai spoke tilting his head "the intruders? How lucky that you came here by yourself or i would've been looking for you after i was done here..."
"No you two run!" Igaraishi yelled to reiji and Asuza.
"Run? After we came all the way here to kill him?" Reiji raised a brow.
"Eh?" Igaraishi was real surprised "why..?" He couldn't really get what was going on.
"You were always too naive igaraishi because you have never seen the side of him i have" Reiji spoke drawing his sword.
"Oh? And who might you be?" Rai asked turning towards reiji unimpressed.
"Someone who'll lay you to your grave Shuichi rai" Reiji replied.
"Heh" Rai didn't even bother drawing his sword when reiji came at him ,instead he blocked the sword by only one finger against the sword tip.
No matter how much reiji pushed, the blade wouldn't pierce his finger.

Takahashi had fully regained his arm by now "igaraishi san you're choking me" Takahashi struggled from igaraishi's arms.
While Asuza stood at the opposite corner under the tree not even interfering with the fight.
"What's he upto it's obvious he can't win like this" igaraishi mumbled without letting Takahashi loose.

Reiji swung his sword aiming for the neck but the blade got blocked by his neck, it wouldn't pass through his flesh not even scratch it...the sword was pretty useless.

"Little boy, i don't understand what you are trying to do...how do you intend to kill me with a blade that can't even pierce me" Rai wasn't even dodging his sword, he took all hits but it didn't manage to give him a single scratch.

"Why can't he cut him?" Takahashi asked getting on his feet once he was loose.
"A sword's ability is dependent upon the bloodlust of the wielder.." Igaraishi replied looking forward "look at reiji...his hands are shaking"
"He's afraid..." Takahashi spoke with surprise when he actually noticed reiji's hands, he had always seen reiji as cruel monster type...this was first time seeing him afraid...
"When i heard you killed alot of knights i almost thought you'd be worthy of fighting but you simply are embarrassing yourself here" rai finally fisted his hand to punch but soon as he shot his hand to punch Asuza blocked it with his both hands saving reiji.
"I told you not interfere!" Reiji spoke wiping his sweat.
"Huh? With that wimp ass fighting of yours?" Asuza almost frowned at reiji who backed a little bit ashamed inside.
"Impressive...to be able to see my punch coming, you are no ordinary blood are you.." Rai grinned.
"Asuza shuichi was the name given to me at birth, but i prefer Asuza reiji" Asuza replied back pretty fearlessly.