Chapter Twenty-Four

"Later"
"What did she say?"
"Don't worry about it, i told her we're at my home" Asuza places the cellphone on the broken wooden table, his wallet had merely saved his phone from getting wet and they had to rush into a near abandoned cottage because of rain.
"What if they find out you lied" Austin fiddles with his thumbs.
"Don't worry I'll take the blame, moreover take off your clothes or you'll catch a cold" Asuza took off his own shirt.
"I'm.. Fine.." Austin sat hugging himself while watching Asuza take off his shirt like some kind of strip model.
"Don't worry, its not like i can see until i touch" Asuza almost smirked.
"Don't be idiot, that's not why..." Austin blushed.
"Sure is" Asuza teased and slipped down his pants standing there just in boxers.
"C'mon take it off isn't it irritating to wear a wet underwear by the way, who could have thought that just by a kiss you'd.." Before asuza could complete Austin rushed and covered his mouth from behind.
"Don't say it" Austin whispered pressing his forehead to the back of Asuza's neck.
Asuza was surprised though soon he smiled and removed Austin's hand from his mouth "i...i was glad you came after me..."
Both boys became somewhat silent
"Moreover, my lips hurt now was it intentional or do you just suck at kissing.." Asuza pressed fingers to his lips.
Austin on the other hand was trying to figure a way to tell Asuza how he had given Asuza hickeys on mouth due to his bad kissing skills.
...
"Honey"
Takahashi was laying on belly with his face in the pillow, the moment of slapping his nephew went on through his head over and over that he even ignored Aurora's voice. Aurora frowned and climbed over him and sat on his back.
Takahashi turned around with a sudden reflex ,grabbing Aurora by throat with vicious eyes until he realized it was his wife and immediately let go.
"Oh god, I'm so sorry! I thought you were... Aurora chan are you okay?!" Takahashi rubbed his coughing wife's back.
"What the hell was that" she tried to catch her breath.
"I'm so sorry..sorry" Takahashi apologized over and over.
"Relax..you've been pretty out of it today..is something up?" Aurora was now sitting on his belly since he had turned around.
"Worried about our son.." He replied.
"Ah yeah...me too" Aurora replied.
"Ne Aurora chan do me a favour?" Takahashi asked.
"What is it?" Aurora raised a brow.
Takahashi rested both his arms above his head "Take me"
"You don't have to call it a favour" her curiosity turned to a smile and she leaned down holding her husband's wrists above his head and kissed at his lips trailing it till his ears. Biting his ear earned her an immediate moan "you're pretty sensitive today?" She flipped a hair strand behind her ear and closely tied her hair in a bun then moved down sucking on his Adam's apple to his chest making him moan uncontrollably.
"You idiot couple we're still in the house!!!!!!" Yuna yelled from outside throwing something at the door probably her sandal
...
Austin hung his clothes nearby the window of the cottage, he stood in his underwear while Asuza was seated on the pile of brass nearby. There was an uncomfortable silence within the room and Austin was looking at Asuza from far. Out of sudden a snake wriggled out of the brass towards Asuza.
"Look out!" Austin yelled and from under Austin's feet out of nowhere came a snake and attacked the one that came onto asuza, killing it.
Asuza was dumbfounded everything happened in split seconds he didn't get time to move from his place. Even Austin was surprised how suddenly a snake appeared from under Austin's feet and attacked the intruder snake.
Even more surprising was that after killing the intruder snake, the other one slowly turned to a heap of mud which blew away by the wind.
"What just happened?" Austin stood there shocked.
"You...protected.. Me" Asuza replied in a low voice.
"Huh?" Austin still couldn't make sense of the situation.
"I'm sorry i let my guard down" Asuza bowed.
"I don't even know what you mean by that, moreover both snakes have turned to dust!" Austin couldn't believe his eyes.
"Both? That means it was an attack initiated by someone" Asuza mumbled thoughtfully.
"What do you mean?" Austin replied.
"What you just did is called soul serpent (SS).. It's an ability to form skin over an object and control it, like back at my home i created skin over my art project mummy and moved it like it was me while hiding in cupboard... Similarly this place is full of dust due to wind, you formed a skin around pile of dust and shaped it according to whatever came to your mind, probably seeing a snake you created a snake to counter attack" Asuza replied making even lesser sense then before.
"Soul what..snake..i created, you don't make any sense! Is this a joke!" Austin grabbed his head trying to figure if it's a prank or something.
"Calm down! Don't yell, if the opponent's SS was made of dust too, it means they are nearby" Asuza rushed to window grabbing his shirt and wearing it reaching the window and trying to feel any presence.
"What's going on?! Would you tell me at least?!" Austin was panicking.
"How naïve can you be? Isn't it obvious we're not human and someone is trying to kill us..or probably just me they just might want you alive" Asuza replied turning his head around trying to find anyone nearby.
"Not human?"
"Don't tell me you never noticed, you've always known that emptiness of humanity"
What asuza said made Austin silence for a little as if he were agreeing to it.
"Wear your clothes, we're unsafe here, I'm going to take you somewhere safe..." Asuza replied.
"But how.."
"Austin..you've never shed your skin have you?"
"Eh what?"
"I'm telling you, do you not know this human form of yours is a camouflage"
"A camouflage?"
"Yeah, so i need you to shed your skin and show me your real form"
"Real form? What am i?!"
Asuza turned to Austin at that question and grabbed the nearby steel rod and stabbed it right into Austin's stomach. Austin's eyes widened and he spat out blood, the rod had came out from his back.
Austin dropped to floor coughing while Asuza stood tall, Asuza's pupil's changed shape from round to diamond and so did Austin's. Austin's pupils would rapidly shift between round and diamond till Asuza yelled something and his pupils became fixed in diamond shape.
"Shed! Reiji"