Chapter Nine

(Austin's POV)
"I'm home.." I placed my bag onto the couch and as expected there she was..my dear mum standing infront of me with a face that couldn't hide it's curiosity. I'm pretty sure she wanted to know how my day went but really..i wasn't up for discussing any of that.
"Welcome back boi" she went to the kitchen and brought me a glass of water first then sat next to me probably waiting for me to start without asking.
"Mum..it was okay.." I spoke looking at her and then taking the glass.
"I didn't say anything" she replied
"It's all over your face mum.." I drank it all up and wiped my lips with with the back of my hand.
"It ain't not.." She replied with sort of a pout which made me smile a little.
"I'll go change first, the café was nothing compared to my beautiful mother's best home cooking.." I told her which lighted her face all up and i stood up taking my bag and placing the glass on table.
"I'll heat the food" she spoke cheerfully while heading to the kitchen.
I waved by hand back at her to show that i heard her and headed upstairs opening the door on leading to second floor and turned on the lightbulb, the whole pathway turned yellow from the bulbs light. I walked into my room and tossed my bag over the bed before heading to the bathroom to freshen up a little, i loosened my pants and opened my closet throwing arms around randomly in search of some comfy pants. Getting a pair i took my pants off and tossed them on bed as well walking in the bathroom. This day totally sucked and I'm probably gonna lay down and try to forget all about it...yeah..that's what i always do...don't i?
Washing my face and arms i freshened up with intent to shower later and changed into more comfortable pajamas and walked out with the towel, drying my face and sat on the empty bed.
Where did i put my bad again...?
Oh..there it was, neatly placed on my study table, i laid back taking a deep sigh..at this point..i don't know anymore what I'm doing most of the time, my body is full of bruises i can't explain and i don't have the power to explain it to mom either i don't wanna go back to all those medicines.. And psychologists..Huff..
"Austin..honey come down I've got food warmed up.." Mum called from downstairs and i pulled myself up heading back downstairs.
"Hmmmm smells so good, what is it.." I spoke half way downstairs
"Sushi, looked it up on YouTube.. It's my first time cooking it so no judging.." She spoke arranging plates on the dining table, as i presumed she hadn't eaten herself either.
"Honey tell me more about school" she said seating on a chair and i seated next to her.
"Well the girls are really nice.." Too nice that i get round kicked by one "and the boys are really good.." Too good that i kissed one and made another enemy for life "and i had nice chat with people too" yeah in a bathroom pretty much.
"That's really good, I'm happy" she didn't take her eyes off my facial expressions even for a moment there as i ate.
"Mom this is really tasty..eat yourself as well.." I insisted after bearing some constant staring
--6pm--
"Whoa..Akihito Rin... friend request from that guy.." It took me a little bit of thinking while laying on my bed before accepting it.
"Hey"- within seconds i received a message from him
"Hi"- i replied back
"It was fun having lunch with you today"- he texted back
"Same, the lunch was bad but that was good distraction you kept me in lol" i replied back
"I know right, seriously need to get something good in that menu or I'm literally going to start cooking myself haha" - he texted
"I can cook lol" - i typed randomly but regretted the very next moment.
"Whoa, please teach me as well!!! " - he replied in an instant.
"Sure..well gtg now, homework.. I just came out of shower" - i responded
"Thankyou so much and alright :)" he texted before he went offline and so did i.
--9pm--
"Austin"
I woke up distracted by the voice and removed the book from my face that i was reading before dozing off. I could still feel the taste of sushi i had in my dinner as well, yawning a little i got up and walked to the stairway
"Yes mom?" I asked standing over the stairs
"What is kid?" She was probably watching tv with dad in her room and especially came out bare feet hearing my voice.
"You called?" I asked maintaining my position.
"No boi i didn't, if you're finished your homework... sleep you got school tomorrow.." She spoke
"Okay, G'night mum.." I said heading back upstairs and she headed back too eventually.
-11pm-
Can't sleep...
I kept my eyes closed with my headphones on, playing slow violin at a medium tone...lately i have been listening to violin alot, it was opera before that. I shifted sides on my bed when i opened my eyes randomly and came face to face with an eyeless head next to my head on pillow, i rolled over and fell off bed before looking again and nothing was there...
Was i hallucinating?
Again..?
My heart kept thumbing hard and i breathed in heavily before climbing the bed again and this time pressing my back to the wall so that i could have view of the whole room. Pulling the sheets over my head i turned the music onto full volume and shut my eyes tightly.. Like i did every night..
--12pm--
Earthquake?
Nah..more like i fell in my dream and suddenly woke up which made me think that the bed shook..
Huff...and i had barely dozed off an hour just now, then this dream. I hate these kinds of dream the most where i could see myself falling in a deep dark pit that seems endless to the naked eye.
I closed my eyes once more in attempt to sleep, taking my headphones off and placing them next to the pillow..maybe it was the loud music that caused the disturbing dream. I relaxed my face into the pillow laying on my belly over the comfortable mattress hearing the crickets in the silent night while nuzzling against the pillow..
.....screech....
Was i dreaming again...? Or did i just hear a screeching sound from under my bed?...
I sat up immediately and turned on the lamp looking around, the room was empty to every corner except of a little furniture. I opened my drawer with shivering hands keeping my hand distant from the rim of bed and immediately jumped far off the bed switching it on before suddenly lifting the sheet and pointing the torch under it.
...
...
...
...Empty...
..
I moved the torch around focussing every corner of the bed but there was nothing under it...
..simply floor..
..
...
I took in a breath of relief, mostly i don't stay up that long, well i fall asleep before 10 and don't wake up till morning not considering the fact that every morning there's new bruises over my body...well whatever I'm a tight sleeper so maybe i sleep walk or something or hurt myself in sleep?
It's happened before and my last psychologist diagnosed me of it too.
Suddenly now i have insomnia!?
Duck you life !
"Hilarious" i mumbled turning off the torch and placed it back inside the drawer
So what if I'm awake late at one night?
Getting afraid by just a few noises in my head?
It's like I'm a kid who can't sleep alone after 9
Huff..
I climbed the bed once again and turned off the lights laying back against the wall cautiously and pulled sheets back over me before fluttering my eyes close in attempt to fall into my usual daily slumber with nothing being able to awaken me...
Tuk..Tuk..
My heartbeat started to go faster and i gulped down really hard clenching onto the sheets, why today!?
Why am i feeling weird today!?
Am i going crazy because of the new place? New house? New people? Or is it the new school..?!
..
...
....
Or..
..
...
....
.....IS SOMEONE REALLY KNOCKING MY BED FROM UNDERNEATH...?!