Chapter Seventeen

"Talk to me"
"Eh...?" Austin raised a brow
"I'm your mom..is it because we brought you here without asking? Is it the school..? Is it..." Before Aurora could continue Austin interrupted.
"No mom, please calm down.." Austin tried to settle her
"Are you taking drugs..? Look whatever it is we can deal with it together you don't have to suffer alone sweety" Aurora held his both hands with bandaged wrists in her hands.
"Omg mom no..." Austin was shocked a little by her assumption
Yuna barged in with like a storm
"What happened kid are you okay?!" She asked without noticing Aurora's presence much.
"Aunt Yuna I'm okay, please relax" Austin couldn't help but sigh, now he had to deal with two caring people.
..
"Do you need more niisan?" Tsubaki retrieved a bowl with some droplets of soup to it's interior to take it to washing.
"I'll be fine" Asuza was seated on floor near the fireplace with a blanket rolled around him.
"Your cold fits are back again.." Tsubaki spoke with an almost disappointed tone.
"I was sort of starting to miss these.." Asuza smiled optimistically.
"What's there to miss about feeling sudden cold even in springs to the point you start to hyperventilate if not warmed up" tsubaki placed utensils in the sink and came back to Asuza sitting next to him with a sulky expression.
"Not that..the feeling of my little sister folding me up in blankets and making her special soup.." Asuza giggled with a shiver, folding the blanket more tightly around himself.
"How can you say that, i always take care of you" Tsubaki whined and sat near her brother.
"That's true too" Asuza gave his gentle smile before it faded slowly
"Niisan..about what you..painted" Tsubaki was unsure about the potrait of Austin asuza drew without actually seeing him.
"Tsubaki, where's mom..is she on job?" Asuza interrupted seemingly not talking about it.
"Ah no, i don't know actually" Tsubaki replied "but don't ignore niisan.."
"Im..not ignoring, i just know what you're about to ask you already know it's answer" Asuza mumbled under his breath.
"Niisan how long will we hide that from him" Tsubaki asked which turned asuza's skin even more paler.
"I know you're worried.." Asuza buried his face into his legs that he had folded back against his chest.
"Not just worried, he shouldn't have came back..it's awakening" Tsubaki growled at which Asuza bent his head.
"Moreover tsubaki...what about you..? " Asuza asked a bit hesitantly with his face hidden at which Tsubaki didn't respond for a little so he raised his head "tsubaki..?"
Tsubaki suddenly leaned over from behind and kissed at the back of asuza's neck softly making Asuza go red from pale white.
"I'll die before i let anything happen to you" Tsubaki then whispered retrieving back giving the embarrassed boy a chance to brush off his blushing surprised face into a smiling one.
...
Sleeping on the bed in the hospital room, Austin had IVs attached to his arms and Aurora had just left the room after putting him to sleep in order to get some medicines that the doctor prescribed. Takahashi had gone home to get a change of clothes for their little family while yuna went to her home since Austin's grandma called her to bring her to hospital too.
The lights flicked, until they went off and the white blanket that was covering Austin started to slowly slip off from his peacefully asleep body.
His shirt started to fold back, exposing his chest and dark bruises start to appear in a trail down his neck to his chest. He cringed a little in his sleep and slowly started to gain consciousness when in a split second he felt his legs pushed back to his chest and woke up in panic kicking whatever weight he felt off him. The IVs had ripped out of his skin in the attempt and he fell of bed moving his eyes rapidly to see what it was but nothing...
The door opens "Austin!" His mom yells seeing him in that position on floor but before she could move Austin stood up and ran to her hugging, hiding his trembling face in her chest "Mama, save me" he shivered while sobbing.
Aurora's eyes widened when he suddenly came on to her like that and held too tightly it could almost choke her but hearing him call her 'mama' instead of mom gave a pleasant feeling. He hadn't called her that for years, she almost forgot the time her son would express feelings and emotions.
"I'm here..I'm here" she hugged back gently rubbing his back.
.....
"Niisan!" Tsubaki rushed in the room after a phone call, Asuza who was asleep covered in a hump of blankets got startled and woke up.
"Tsubaki don't do that!" He said out of his breath "you startled me"
"Sorry but it's really bad...Austin" Tsubaki mumbled
"Austin,what..?" Asuza got attentive
"Austin's attempted suicide" Tsubaki responded which gave Asuza a greater shock then before.
"No way.." Asuza stood up.
"Mom just came back from hospital" Tsubaki tried to catch her own breath as well.
...
"Rei rei chan we'd be out staying in hospital tonight would you be fine ?" Takahashi placed a bowl of food in front of the dog while patting it's head, rei rei barked wagging its tail "good boy"
Takahashi then got up to head into Austin's room to get some clothes, he walked upstairs leaving rei rei behind. He turned on the lights to the hallway upstairs and walked to Austin's room opening the door wide and turning on lights before entering.
He grabbed a bag from Austin's closet and placed in on bed, grabbing some under wears and shirt also his phone and placing it in the bag. He then turned around to leave the room but the door he left wide open was closed which made his heartbeat start to race.
"Why.." He mumbled gulping and placed the bag back on bed and grabbed a candle stand in defense while slowly heading to the door.
Tuk
....
Tuk
....
His eyes widen
...
Tuk...
...
Tuk...
....
His legs and arms shivered to the sound of knocking coming from inside the closet.
...
Tuk
...
The candle stand dropped from his hand
...
".....No..no...it can't be.."
...
Tuk
...
"..no.. please....Reiji I'm sorry.."