Chapter One

-16July2014-
"Ni hao nai nai" Austin bowed his head mischievously while his dad gave an immediate light slap to the back of his head.
"That's chinese boy" Takahashi raised a brow while Austin chuckled.
The grandmother stood at the station wearing a purple yukata having her silver hair nicely braided that made her look much stylish than Austin's mom who would rather just try to keep hair away from her face as much as possible and keep them tied back tightly.
The lady's face was naturally brightened with a gentleness and a natural smiled kept itself settled on her face. She immediately reached for the boy's forehead and kissed it
"Okairi" she mumbled to her son and kissed his forehead as well then the two ladies greeted each other with a bow and a hug following it.
"Okaachan, genki desu ka?" Takahashi continued talking to his mother very nostalgically not even waiting to leave the airport first.
Austin helped his mum grab her bags taking some load off her so she could walk easily, the grandmother guided the small family to an awaiting cab while continuing with his son that the mother and son almost felt neglected.
"Dad, where will we be going?" Austin asked sitting in front seat next to the cab driver while rest three sat in the passenger seats.
The grandma and father both looked at each other before he could continue which got the mother suspicious
"It's just a small village sort of place...the place i was born actually...well not too far from the city so you'll be continuing your high school.." The father did not sound too comfortable about telling about it so Austin didn't ask much but Aurora's expression showed she was intrigued nonetheless.
After hours of driving the family reached a beautiful green village that one could totally fall in love with, drifting through the cab's windows before it finally stopped near a huge house. It was old yet eye catching, the style was that of traditional Japanese houses surrounded by a huge number of trees.
"Beautiful" Austin placed his both hands against the window viewing the unnaturally beautiful place with strong violin playing through his headphones that merely irritated the driver due to it's pitch.
"Isn't it?" The father gets out first and opens the door for the two women while starting to unload the luggage from the trunk "Help me out here AJ"
Austin was too stunned by the superficial beauty of the place he desperately kept moving his hands against the window, not hearing anything else until the driver shook his shoulder a bit freaked out by the weird boy.
Austin snapped out of the trance and got out of the car before helping his dad get the luggage.
"Mom was recently staying with my sister so the house might need a bit cleaning" Takahashi informed his wife with a hesitant tone. He knew she was tired after the long journey and even preferred to lodge a hotel instead but his mother had insisted to stay with her and he couldn't deny the poor old woman.
"Don't worry honey, i got it covered" Aurora went by smacking her husband's behind lightly as she would in America but the openness wasn't much appreciated by the grandmother who glared at her daughter in law.
The interior of the house was quite simple ,all rooms were equally rectangular and same in size. The wooden floor board would creak when one walked over it while there was a little basic furniture covered by white clothes that could use a little dusting.
The house was absolutely comfortable with lots of windows for better air conditioning instead of artificial room coolers and there were more candle places than electrical switches.
Aurora immediately started moving around the place investigating each and every room, her footprints on the dusty floor were all over the place.
"Well boys, i can clean one room before sunset so everyone will have to comprise within a single room tonight" Aurora spoke and Takahashi translated it for his mother who spoke something in response
"Okachaan will get the futons for us to sleep, i will meet up with my sister yuna tommorrow and she could show us some furniture shops" Takahashi told Aurora between which Austin was awfully quiet standing in the middle of the place and staring straight out of the glass window pane over to the deep woods nearby that seem to have no visual end. The woods were a darker brown that almost made them seem blackish to some extent.
"Well good thing is we picked some food from the market, i wouldn't have survived if i were to cook right after doing this" Aurora sighed then looked towards her son "what's up sweety?" She said tapping the boy's shoulder which startled him "you okay honey?"
"Ya, ya..ya I'm alright.." The boy's voice shook a little.
"Well help me clean the place out here then..Takahashi go get us the brooms and a water bucket, AJ help me move the furniture around and..." The mother spoke rapidly before ending up assigning work to everyone except the old lady "um..cheimi san you can um..."
"Mom will help me get the brooms and stuff.." Takahashi cleared the uncomfortable air among the two women and placed hands on his mother's shoulders taking her out.
Austin walked to his mother helping her take off the white sheets off the scarce furniture in the spacious room.
"Ah this is going to be troublesome cleaning this huge place.. Not to mention your grandma doesn't seem to like me.." Aurora spoke with a whining tone at which the boy giggled.
"Well i guess..." Austin removed the white cloth off the closet when suddenly out of the cloth a snake fell upon him causing him to shriek and Aurora to yell in panic.
The grandma and father rushed inside the place but by the time Austin had already crawled to the corner of room covering his ears while Aurora was standing on the couch.
The black snake with shiny scales raised it's head high while hissing and rapidly showing it's venomous tongue
"Stay calm AJ don't panic !" The father tried to keep the shivering boy calm and stopped the mother who was desperately trying to reach for his son "don't move!" The father grabbed one of the white sheets and folded it thrice before slowly making way towards the snake.
The snake which was slowly crawling and approaching for Austin with a threatening hiss didn't seem to divert his attention to Takahashi who carefully stepped not to agonize the venomous creature and with a sudden throw of arm gripped the snake by it's head having the white sheet folded a bit to his hand. The snake bit at his hand but the cloth saved him from the fangs before Takahashi grabbed it with total control.
The snake kept rolling around his arm in struggle but the man showed no fear and rushed outside keeping his grip tight on the snake mouth and neck.
While the mother who nearly had her life sucked out of her rushed to her boy crying and squeezing him in the arms continuously kissing the boy's forehead and face "Oh my God, Oh my God, I'm so sorry sweety" she kept apologizing
"mum it's okay I'm fine" Austin tried to rub her back with a calm voice since panicking himself won't do no good.
The grandma obviously concerned but trying to maintain her composure stood nearby the boy
"Daijobu da yo gaki?" She asked the kid at which he nodded
"Hai, arigatou" he responded in sort of a native accent despite being raised abroad alienating the mother from their conversation but she could care less.
After the incident, the rest of cleaning was done with special care.
In fact Aurora totally made Austin sit in a corner one way or the other, doing all the work by herself.
In the end, she ended up cleaning the place by herself and Takahashi's help. Cheimi and Austin laid the futons at the end and the family ended up sitting at the ground with an old fashioned eating table in the middle unpacking the ramen and yakisoba bread that Takahashi picked out randomly.
The family had a traditional style dinner ,they all spoke "itdaikimasu" except Aurora who couldn't even pronounce it well enough and ended up being the laughing stock.
-17 July- 2am
"...Reiji....Reiji..."
Austin sat up and walked barefoot in the room, walking on his tiptoes with his delicate feet the floorboard barely creaked as the young boy made his way to the window placing his both hands against the glass and leaned in kissing the glass with his soft lips leaving a foggy print before turning around and making his way back.
Red lip prints appeared on the window's glass appeared on the other side of the glass at same spot where he kissed upon from the inside of house and a red liquid poured down the reddish lip marks in a narrow stream.
17 July- 8am
"WTH!!!!!!" Aurora shrieks waking the whole family who were dead asleep until her sudden fit
"Are you alright sweety?" Takahashi immediately sat up looking at Aurora who was glaring at Takahashi.
Austin rubbed his eyes too waking up quite irritated until his eyes went around the room.
"Whoa" Austin mumbled at which Takahashi became more conscious at why Aurora was glaring at him, cheimi pointed at Takahasi's feet.
He checked his feet that were black with sort of a dried ink or paint substance and then he looked around the room.
Aurora had spent hours cleaning it yesterday and now the room had black footprints all over that seemed like they would stain the wood harshly.
"But..but i didn't do it!"