Chapter Thirty-Nine

Happy Birthday to you..
-Clapping-
He sat there on his knees wearing a white shirt drenched in rain and shorts that were indecent enough to expose his muddy thighs while sitting next to a tomb stone within a graveyard with a familiar name, he went on singing and clapping to himself even under the heavy rain shower that had reddened his face though his eyes were equally as red enough to make anyone question if what flowed down his cheeks were really raindrops?

-Two days ago-

"Alright it's enough for now" Akihito helped her sit down after making her walk about ten times around the room and even after countless efforts she just wouldn't remember Yuna or others let alone speak to them. She would silently stare at Akihito who had been there for three days non stop without having much sleep.
"Boy you need to go home take a shower and rest" Aurora sighed, she was ofcourse impressed by his devotion but she knew he was stressing himself out when he was injured too.
"Yeah...you should take some rest for a while, it's been days since my daughter would look at anyone else" Yuna had calmed a little within these days but she was somewhat jealous of Akihito as well.
"Well then at least I'll head home today besides my registers are piling up they don't appreciate that much holidays from a new teacher" Aurora sighed grabbing her purse and standing up.
"Where's Takahashi?" Yuna questioned.
"He had to go to work, he said his boss was pretty mad at him..." Aurora replied "well I'll drop by later sweety"
"Sure he is....Take care" Yuna walked her out of the room before attending a phone call
"Yeah Asuza did you fill in the application for Tsubaki's medical leave?....yeah...oh...hm....you're such a good boy....Mama's proud of you...Alright.... Sure....hm....ok later"
...
Takahashi wandered the forests looking around as if trying to sense something in when suddenly he jumped back and held out a knife in his hand
"Oh...it's you..." Takahashi said in surprise and tucked his knife back into his jacket.
"Were you going to save him?" The man in long black hooded cloak that covered his whole body, questioned.
"I can't really... I can't sense his presence that much my senses have weakened over time" Takahashi sat back onto a big stone.
"I'm grateful" the man replied.
"Don't say that, you make it sound like I'm a good person.." Takahashi smiled mockingly.
"You are not detestable" the person replied turning back towards Takahashi "Donot worry about him, i do not want to be involved in this but i need to take some matters in my own hands"
"Alright... I'll leave him to you then" Takahashi gave a sigh and watched the man's back as he departed from his eyes.
...
He smiled brightly to those who spoke to him, he was adored, admired and envied but that smile was just a mask to his soul. Once he was by himself in a room he threw off the tiring smile as if it was something despicable to him and went through his stuff grabbing some brushes; his eyes widened as if something came over him, he started to move his hands over the drawing board with a new sheet. Without even sketching with a pencil first he directly grabbed his brushes and started to sway them in all directions over the white paper dissolving it's purity in many dark colors. He didn't hold himself back nor did he stop to take any breaks and went on filling the page without being able to see it until his brush fell off his hand and he bit on his finger continuing the paint with the red of blood that oozed out until he had been satisfied by it.
He panted as if he had just gotten off in both literal and perverted terms, painting always brought out that kind of expression on him. He breathed in and out loudly to calm down his fast beating heart and stepped back from the painting.

The painting of a boy crucified on a huge cross
... that stood over a grave within which a beautiful woman laid in coffin....
....dressed in a white gown with flowers all over her holding a bouquet herself as well...

...A beautiful bride in an eternal slumber....

...
"Tsubaki chan i will take my leave now, my grandmother is worried too much and perhaps you spending time with your mom will speed up your memory recovery that i merely cannot since we haven't known one another for too long" Akihito bowed to Tsubaki.
"Why...." She managed to speak up a little but it was still a very low voice "Why do you not know me for too long when i feel like i do?" She questioned pretty much herself.
"Eh?" Akihito didn't get the meaning of it much "Well it's because of your cousin Austin that we met otherwise we might not have crossed paths..."
"Crossed paths aren't a sign of fate?" She tilted her head a little with a questioning expression.
"I don't get it..." Akihito nodded his head.
"Do you not?" She reached her hand towards his face cupping his cheek, his face heated up a little as their eyes met.
While the sound of something dropping distracted the two and Akihito immediately bowed and ran off with Yuna standing at the room's door in a bit of a shocked state. Her book was on the ground and she didn't bother picking it up and kept on staring at her daughter. Meanwhile her daughter was seated up with her back straight as she gazed out of the window from her bed looking at the sunlight with a soft smile on her face

What shocked the mother?

Vivei fall in love only once in a lifetime....

They recognize their lovers by their scent so if not memory then the scent of their beloved intoxicates a feeling of familiarity within them...

They kill themselves with the death of their lover unlike sai who are probably able to move on...

And undeniably she had committed the taboo of falling for a human...