Whos Who ?

"I think that's enough talk for today , you need to rest .", Denise says and takes hold of the cup
and settles it down on the table .

"Are you trying to shut me up?", Eduardo says glaring at her, stepping up .

" I'm just- ",Denise's started to say, glaring at him , holding my hand .

"I do feel a bit woozy from the drugs !", I intervene, and luckily all their heads turn to me .

"Pete ,bring in one of the nurses ", Todd tells Pete , and Pete exits the room to find a nurse .

"Eduardo , it's best if we leave , we have an important meeting , remember ?", Adam says , looking quickly at me then to Eduardo's back .

"I'll be back ", Eduardo's says to me , looking at every inch of my face .

"Yeah .", I whisper , looking up at him , and watch as he turns around and exits out of the room with the men in tow .

"Wow .", Denise breathes , and I turn my head quickly to find her smiling at me then the direction were Eduardo had left .

"What ?", I say , laying completely down now .

"The intensity.", she says smiling and makes a show of shivering.

"Uhh, not now Denise .", I tell her but I'm smiling too .

"Alright , I'll calm down ... For now .", she says , lifting her hands in the air.

"So , what's are the damages ?", I ask her , when I feel a stiffness down at my lower stomach because of the bandages that were wrapped around me .

"Well , I don't-", Denise started to say , her eyes wandering around the room.

"Denise! What did I damage ? I have a right to know ", I scolded her .

"Your Fallopian tubes .", Denise  said finally , looking up at me with sad eyes .

"What ?", I asked her , what did she mean that what was damaged ? Why did she look sad .

"Fallopian tubes , you were struck in one but just the side of it , and the doctor said that there is a big chance you might not be able have children , it's a slim chance but , it all depends on how your body heals since it wasn't both of them ", Denise tells me quickly .

"I can't have children ?", I repeated , my voice breaking at the end .

"It's not a sure thing , we just have to wait on how you recover .", Denise says encouragely.

"I - I ", My mind was completely blank , and I had nothing to say , and I just broke down .

"It's going to be okay Vee , there's still a chance  .", Denise says , and reaches over to hug me .

"Well - I - I guess ,it was meant to be that way . Like I mean - having no parents of my own - to teach me , I wouldn't even know how to raise a baby . ", I hiccuped , wiping away tears .

"How old were you when you lost them ? ", she asked

"About three years old , I have no memory of them , no picture. Nothing to remember them by .", I said sniffing .