Peasants to a Queen.

DENISE

The room seemed to have brighten.And I had a feeling it was because an unexpected person was here.

For everyone was still in shock of her presence.

"Well go on , dont let my presence stop you.", Violet said monotone lacing her voice.

But no one dare to speak a word.

"What? Nothing to say?", Violet asked,after few minutes of silence,with a perfect eyebrow arched.

Everyone continued to look at her ,unmoving.

She didnt cower under everyone's gazes ,as everybody was standing up except her.

The girls shuffled ,uneasy behind me. I finally broke my gaze away ,and turned my head slightly to Trisha who was looking at me expectantly.

I scrunched up my face,on to why she was looking at me like that,but as I looked at her ,I turned my head more and saw that the rest of the eight girls ,were looking at her and then they would glance at me.

They wanted me to say something.

So I said the most obvious thing that could possible come out of my mouth.

"Your here.", I stated.Even to my own ears my voice sounded timid.

Violet didn't even glance at my direction when I spoke and I couldn't help but feel a bit hurt by the gesture. But I knew it was nothing compared to what I made her feel by not telling her of what I had known.

"Are you all going to stand there,all day ? Or are you going to sit?", She spoke sarcastically ,gesturing to the obvious available seating.

The girls looked at each other and then they glanced up at me questionably, but I just returned the same uncertain stare,turning my gaze back to Violet ,who just inclined her head with a bored expression .

I didnt get a chance to say anything to the girls because they instantly they started to sit down ,knowing I wasn't in power anymore - not that I ever was .

Because truthfully I was just temporarily filling a place ,that was already spoken for. Nor did I wish to fill that space permanently
as lady of the house.

The girls sitted dow,there backs at attention ,looking clearly uncomfortable by the person at the head of the table.

"What ,have you all gone tired of having my name in your mouth?", She asked ,and none of the girls answered.

"It seems that you all know ,what has happened. Its true if there are any suspicions on the subject.", Violet set after awhile all the girsl head turned to her eyes widened.

"Im guessing that this meeting is because of tonights event am I right?", Violet asked Bethany who just nodded.

"Just in time then,I came to announce that just not the families of Millas will be attending tonight but also the Vitali's and I expect you all to be on your best behavior for them.", She said ,sipping her wine.

Vitali's! , I thought my eyebrows rising.

"The Vitali's!", Shrieked Linda swaying uneasily,she seemed as if she was going to faint ,well most of the girls did.

"Yes.",Violet said not giving nothing away.

"The event is to start in an hour,and in an hour ,I expect you all to respect and be courteous to my family ,seeing now that the two families are to be ... Joined.", She said looking around the table daring anyone to object.

It seemed the girls new they were in uncharted territory for they wisely held their tongues.

The other girls nodding,their face of distaste.

"I wont repeat myself as for them they will be on their best behavior as long as their aren't provoked.", Violet said ,still casually sitting on the chair,her forearm resting on the arm chair.

The girls all remained in shock ,knowing that nothing good could come out of this .

"We don't have enough food, chairs and tables to host that amount of people.", I said ,shaking my head.

"Well it good then that I told Alex to order enough.", She responded easily ,swirling her wine,as she got up.

"B-but...", I tried to think of some reasoning,something to stop her ,in other circumstances I would have said other casualties but right now it seemed my mind still hadn't continued just thinking of the dilemma of having two of the most powerfulest families under one roof.

Now that she was standing up ,I could see even more differences in her.

Her hair was a deep, deep brown almost black .Her body showed more curves than she had before,and she looked more physically strong than she was before she left.

She started to head to the direction of door the girls following her movements as if in a trance.

As if peasants to their Queen.

" Oh and one more thing ", Violet said turning around .

"Whos going to take my title from me ?", She asked making eye contact with each and everyone of us.

"If you all think for a fraction of a milasecond ,that you can take my title than you have another thing coming ."She said giggling lighty.

"Dont make an enemy out of me girls", She said seriuos  and exited the doors

Her new changed hair flying flawlessly behind her,as the door exited.

But they were also other changes in her. The way she walked ,and the way she spoke.

Power.

And she wore it well.