Caged

"ping"

"ping"

"ping"

   'what is that?" I thought slowly opening my eyes.

I was lying on cement . Slowly rising up I took in my surroundings.I was in a cell which was very damp and not really well lit.In the corner was a toilet and a blanket with a pillow.

"Violet are you up ?" whispered a voice in cell at my right side.

I turned around so fast I was surprised my neck didn't break. My head spun probably because I was dehydrated.

"Cori? " I whispered  my voice raspy from the lack of water.Crawling on all fours I went to the cell next to mine.

"Oh Violet , I was scared you were never gonna wake up" she said crying .

Reaching through the metal bars we did a awkward hug .But I didn't care because I had her with me.

Pulling away slightly I took in her appearance. Her once hazeled eyes were black and swollen probably from that man.Her brown light hair clung to her face from the wetness of her tears. Her lips were chapped and swollen from the man with the ponytail fists.

"Oh my poor Cori "I whispered lightly touching her cheek

" I am so relieved your awake it's been awful ! So awful violet ." she said

"What happened after I blacked out?" I asked leaning against the bars.

"The man who knocked you out name is Edo, and after he knocked you out he ordered the men to bring us back here . They come only 2 times a day. They been checking up on you to make sure you were still breathing and to bring me food on there rounds" she said getting a little pitcher from the corner of the cell she got a cup and passed it through the bars.

Knowing the pitcher was probably not going to get refilled any time soon I drank slowly savoring the liquid going down my throat.Until a realization made me stop.

"Wait ,you said the guards come two times a day ,how long have we been here?" I ask.

"We've been here like caged animals for 3 days Violet. You got sick because me being stupid tried to mend your wounds with a cloth and water but I believe they wernt really sanitized and gave you a virus .And it doesn't help that you don't get sick really easily but when you do it's really bad. So the men separated us so I wouldnt also get sick.I'm sorry Violet " she whispered covering her face in her hands crying.

"It's ok I didnt die...so do you know when were gonna leave ?" I asked petting her head,

"I overheard the guards saying that he would come when you woke up so he can talk to the both of us"

"Well as long as we got each other ,it's going to be okay" I said grasping her hand.

"I'm sorry Violet for what I did , please forgive me but understand I had to make him notice me ! I assure you he will come to his sences and apologize and we will be rich because he will realize I'm the kind of woman he needs!" she said nodding at me.

"Cori I don't think it's going to b- " I started to say before she yanked her hands away from me and stood up walking away from me.

"No! trust me Vio-" she said with her back facing me.

" No!Look at were we at Cori! Were in a cell like caged animals! Look at you !Look at me! Please stop with this nonse- "

"Shut up Violet! " she whirled around screaming " You don't know anything!" she screeched her face completely filled with rage.

"Look all I'm saying is that ..not..not to be dissapointed if nothing happens " I said looking down at my lap.

It was always like this between us. She  always won .I guess I was to weak to stand up to her ,and I guess life was more easier to handle when you forgave people and became friends.

"Trust me I will make it happen " she said smiling at me.

Just then we hear footsteps coming down the hall .There stood two men dressed in black holding big guns.

"What's goin on ?" asked a really tall guy until his partner nudged him. nodding at me.

"Well nice to see your awake .It will be our pleasure to inform him you have awoken " the more shorter one told me.

They both laughed and walked away,but I didn't pay much attention.

I immediately started to panick .I didn't take the phone .Cori did and she didn't have it. But I would never betray Cori like that. She and her grandmother took me in and sheltered me when my parents passed away and I had no one.

So what would he do? What would he make us do ? How will he react when he finds out we don't have it?

My head was going in circles.It was unpredictable to figure anything out.

Especially since he is a mobster after all..