malcolm x reader (barns and noble)

you walked into barns and noble. You were about to go onto your monthly-book-shopping-at-barns-and-noble's-spree, or the M.B.S.A.B.A.N.S as you liked to call it.

Ah yes your favorite time of the month. You had your 50 dollars on you and we're ready to buy some books.

You looked around the store, you had a specific book in mind but you picked up a few other books on the way the hunger games, Artemis fowl and warrior cats but you were still searching for the last book you wanted.

Soon you found someone who seemed like they worked at the store. You paced up to him. He had blonde hair and grey eyes covered by his glasses which were slightly askew on his face. He wasn't hot or handsome but he was kinda cute in a dorky way.

"Hello, I'm Malcolm, how may I be of service?" he asked as he fixed his glasses quickly "hello Malcolm, I was wondering if you had the book beautiful creatures? " you asked with a polite smile.

"I'm not sure. Let me go check in the back for you" he said slipping away.

You stood there for a while maybe ten or fifteen minutes. What was taking this Malcolm so long? After what seemed like forever Malcolm reappeared at your side with the book gripped in his hands.

He handed it to you "sorry it took so long, it was hard to find" he grinned. You thanked him politely and walked away to go make your purchase.

***

You sat on your bed. It had been a week or two but you had almost finished beautiful creatures you were on the second to last page.

As you finished it up you flipped to the back page to find a small note planted neatly inside the book which read

hello, it's Malcolm, from barns and nobles. Sorry if I'm coming out too strongly here but you were kinda cute, call me

below that was his phone number. And you thought this only happened in fables. Looks like sometimes the most unexpected things do happen in real life.