Hazel x Reader (Are You?)

Note: Your godly parent has to be female for this one

-

You stared at the door hesitantly and then glanced at Hazel, whom gave you a reassuring smile.

You hugged your book closer to your chest as you knocked on the door and shut your eyes tightly.

Footsteps were heard from the background before you heard the door groan and open.

"Sunshine?" Asked the familiar voice of your father. Your eyes snapped open and you stared at him.

"Hello Dad" you said quietly. "Who's your friend?" Your father asked, curiousness lingering in his voice.

"May we come inside?" You asked dodging the question.

Your father nodded and stepped aside to let you both in. Upon entering the familiar scent of your stepmother's baking filled the air that brought bittersweet memories back from the depths of your mind.

You lead Hazel to a black leather couch where you sat down next to one another as your father took a seat across from you and called in your stepmom.

A few minutes later, your stepmom walked in, a tray of cookies and lemonade held out in front of her which was respectfully placed down on the coffee table dividing two mini couches.

"So, Sunshine, what brought you here?" My father asked, impatience dripping from his voice.

You rubbed your arm and glanced at Hazel. She smiled again.

"Dad . . . Mom, I'd like you to meet Hazel—" both my parents waved and said polite, quiet hellos—"she's my girlfriend" you said in a rushed tone.

"Wait, Darling . . . are you?" Your stepmother didn't have to finish her sentence before you nodded. You already knew what they were to say.

You knew they were going to ask if you were homosexual, and you reclusively reply with a yes.

You thought they weren't to accept you. Yet to your surprise they smiled at you and said "congratulations on your girlfriend."

Hazel looked over at you and whispered "I knew they'd accept you."

You gave her a lopsided smiled and a shrug "they never cease to surprise me" you told her, which made her chuckle.

"I love you" You mumbled to her, resting my head on her shoulder.

She froze for a second before her body lost the stiffness and all tension left "I love you too"