Percy x Reader (But I Want To Read!)

You flipped through the pages of your book, sitting on the beach of the lake at camp. Everyone but Annabeth was in the water. For some reason most of the time it was only you two who attempted to stay out of the water.

You were reading Distant shores a novel that you almost finished—and quite enjoyed—that you found in the camp library.

The story was finally getting to the good part. Elizabeth's daddy had a stroke, and her step-mother told her, they were at the hospital now.

That's when Percy, your best friend at camp Bounced up to you.

He commanded you to go into the water stated that Chiron made it a "mandatory swim."

After hearing those words, you looked up, Annabeth—who was in a cherry red bikini—already left to go swim.

That's when you decided, if Annabeth went into the water—which you never really seen her do before—it must actually be a mandatory swim, because, damn, that girl never goes into the water.

You stood up, brushing the slight sand off your black bathing suit, with a shred down the middle.

The one piece was comfortable but you were always self-conscious.

You placed your book down and headed into the water with Percy, only agreeing to go into the shallow. Which Annabeth was currently in.

Yet you claimed it was because you didn't want to get too wet. Sure. Let's go with that.

You at first didn't enjoy the water at all, you just sat there and complained.

Percy tried to just make you enjoy swimming, and slowly you did, there was a log floating in the water. Which is a lot of kids used by as a toy.

The game was you mount the log and try and balance on it as long as you can.

You lasted a long 1.3 seconds before getting flung off into the water. Next was Percy, who got on perfectly fine and you believe he was cheating, he used water to lift himself up.

Next, Annabeth, whom you couldn't help other than to stare at her, lifting herself onto the log, she struggled, luckily she didn't notice you were staring because you honestly were for a while.

Next was your friend Hazel. Who was partnered with Annabeth. She tired to get on but couldn't unfortunately.

You would say the four of you "hung out" but in all reality, you didn't. It was more, there was a cricket. Annabeth found it. She wanted to get it to land, and you volunteered to, when your hand touched her's to collect the small bug you blushed slightly and walked with it to land. A complaining Percy right behind you.

That's when you realized. Why were you talking about Annabeth so much? This was a Percy x Reader. Geez, you did have a crush on her.

-
Hey, at least ( Y / N ) is self aware.