Leo x Reader (how about a bet? I'm listening) {part three} [ending]

I chuckled as Leo wrapped his arms around my waist, I turned over in the sleeping bag to face him.

Leo rose a eyebrow and grinned "so...How annoying am I now?" he asked. I shrugged "you're still pretty annoying, Valdez, but I can tolerate you."

He frowned "oh..." That's when I just laughed "I'm kidding" I explained. He shrugged "I love you" he muttered. I smile "I lo—that's nice" I said softly, playing with his hair.

"You almost said 'I love you' you know" Leo said. I nodded "I know."

"Do you?" he asked. I just stared blankly at him for a little "I don't know" I finally said. He sighed and held my face.

He started to lean closer to me, that's when I pushed him away "not here, not now" I said.

He nodded "fine." I smiled at him, snuggling closer to his chest for warmth.

"Talk to me...Please" I heard myself choke out as a blurred image. I wiped around "please help" I said to blurred golden hair.
I think he shook his head "I can't do anything, it's far pass his time" said someone. I felt tears threaten to fall "please...He's still alive for now. Ambrosia isn't helping" I begged. "I'm truly sorry (Y/N) there's nothing I can do, it's too late—"

"STOP!" I yelled, blood drizzling down mine and her face. I saw it more clear now. I was with my mother, and I was just a young child. She slapped me again, and I cried harder. She hated me, hated me for everything I was, and I hardly understand who I was. I didn't have a father. Nor did I have someone I felt like was a mother. Nobody cares about me. She was going to hit me again and I flinched—

I woke up with a gasp, tears burning my eyes. Someone was shaking me. I turned to face Leo. He had a worried face "(Y/N)...You alright?" Leo asked concerned. I nodded "just a nightmare" I explained "you'd like to talk about it?" he asked.

I shook my head "no thank you" I said. Leo pulled me closer to him, now I was completely pressed up against his body.

I didn't look at him, I stayed still. He kissed my neck "calm down" he muttered. Wow, he really wasn't good with humans.

"Leo...Please stop" I said.

"Not until you feel better" he told me. That's when I heard a growl.

I jumped out of the sleeping back, grabbing my dagger. I stood there, examining the situation.

It was silent for a little, by the time, Leo had stood up as well, holding out a mallet.

Then a hellhound, no two hellhounds leaped out from behind us. Knocking Leo to the floor, I moved out of the way just in time.

I almost shrieked, but I held it in a I ran over to leo, who was on the floor, whacking a hellhound with his mallet. Yet he was grinning.

I rolled my eyes as I turned around and faced the other hellhound. I stabbed my dagger into it's chest as it exploded into golden dust.

I turned to Leo once more. He was standing, just a little bruised.

I ran up to him, hugging him "you're alright" I breathed out. Leo nodded and chuckled "yeah" he said.

***
(three days later)

I held his hand as I we twisted the key into the cage, unlocking Artemis and Apollo.

I smiled, but it soon faded as I heard Leo scream. I turned around, he was knocking to the floor, bleeding.

I ran up to him, whatever hurt him was gone. I heard tears in my eyes "Leo, Leo, come on" I said.

He groaned, blood painting the snow. I turned to Apollo "please, can you do something?" I asked. Apollo examined Leo "I can do anything, it's far pass his time" Apollo said.

I tried, tears falling to the ground. He looked at me but didn't say anything.

"Please, please don't go...I love you" I said. Leo looked at me and smiled sadly "it's still haven't fully been two weeks yet, and you said you love me" he whispered.

I smiled at me "I love you" I repeated as I leaned down and kissed him, he kissed me back.

Once I parted our lips I felt his body go cold and his heart stopped.

-

I'm sorry, I didn't put much effort into this. I wish I did, but I'm rushing this to get another 'x Reader' out