Nico x Reader (You Don't Know Me)

I have a feeling nobody is going to read this story because I hadn't posted in a while ;-;

"You don't understand" came his voice, numb and hallow, yet it cracked as if he was upset. He possibly was, he just wouldn't show it.

You knew that, but he didn't, he believes that you don't know him, and that's incorrect. You know him more than he thinks you do, he just doesn't want to admit it, he's scared, that's something you knew for sure.

He's scared of so many things, death, darkness, loss, lust, love and loneliness.

Yet with the way he's acting, he was going to be alone a long, long time if he couldn't fix the way he acts.

It honestly hurt you and you didn't know why. It just did, you were only his friend, nothing more, nothing less. Yet he couldn't see that.

Nico's blind, he can't even see what's in front of him.

Maybe he wasn't blind, but maybe he just can't comprehend it. It's—in a weird way—just the way he is. And that honestly sucks.

But you love him, he's your best friend whether he knows or not.

You're just worried that you'll not be able to be there for him at some point and everything goes wrong.

That feeling holds a lot of weight, it makes you feel terrible and it confuses you.

Maybe the thought of losing your best friend had an affect on your in controlled emotions, or maybe not. Time would tell.

"I do understand."

"No you don't."

"You're just too scared to let me in."

With that sentence being spoken by you, you watched him walk, he just walked away. Gone, broken

You knew he wasn't coming back.

You knew you lost him.

Maybe there was another chance?

You doubt it.

So you let him leave, if that's what he wanted, then you'll let him live his life.

You don't understand.