Piper x Reader || Abstract

Based off of something I did for school about a internet friend. Only I'm not dating said friend. And yes I made this poem myself. It sucks I know, shush.
-

You sighed, you cared about her so much despite being over two thousand miles separated.

She was the world to you and you know you wanted to write about it for class in the form of a poem.

But what emotion to write about? Sure, friendship was an option, so was love, but you weren't a happy person, at least you didn't write happily and that's for sure.

So how could you convey your longing for her into writing?

Then it hit you, longing. Perfect for the abstract poetry assignment you were given.

That's when you got to writing, blocking out everything else, this new found excitement making your heart palpitate.

It didn't take too long before you had your final product. You could almost say you were proud of it, but of course your low self-esteem forbid that.

You had the chance to read your poem out loud, the teacher told. Your hand shot up and you started grinning, not a fake grin like usual, a genuine grin for your excitement was overbearing for yourself, but it felt good at the same time.

You had the courage and you almost had the confident as your teacher called on you.

You cleared your throat before reading the poem out loud.

"As sweet as a strawberry,

But as sour as a grapefruit,

Gasps of breath as vanilla tangles with smoke,

Your voice like wind singing me to ease,

But as close as you sound when I reach out I feel empty space,

The sky pales and drops of heavy waters cries down,

And that's all I feel inside the hollow holes in my heart,

I think you're there and the pounding thunder electrifies in my chest,

Nothing,

Nothing but angry drops pouring outside my cage,

The cell small and rusting away with an anxious maroon coat,

A coat that blinds my path to you,

But it's not like I could run blindly if I had the chance,

For you're frocking in fields while I'm decaying away behind bars."

You got embarrassed, kids had laughed at the poem, claiming it was "dark." You knew it had a bit of silliness in it, the dark aspects being stupid. You knew that you were overly dramatic but the kids pointing it out, it made it so much worst.

Your chest tightened and you looked down, daring to give your own breathy laugh along with it as if to say, I'm fine, just continue on laughing! While your mind screamed at you all the horrible things you've said in the past.

By the time you got home, you were talking to Piper on the phone, you hadn't told her about the poem, you didn't want her to laugh to even thought you were sure she would; there was always that chance—one not worth taking.

She was thought, laughing at something else you said, something that resembled a joke and you couldn't help but smile.

Her laugh made everything so much better.

"Hey Pipes," you said. "Can I tell you something?"

"Yeah, what is it?" Asked Piper.

"I love you."

-
SO RUSHED IM SORRY I'M IN A BAD MOOD (but when am I not?) SO I JUST GOTTA' RUSH IT ALL I'M SO SORRY!!!!!