Will x Reader || Shattered Lungs || 100k views special

Warning: This text deals with heavy subjects including:

•Cancer
•Depression
•Hospitals
•Death

Also, this story may not be fully accurate, despite the research I did prior to writing this, I have never personally been in the situation presented in this text, so possible inaccuracy may be within the text, if so, I apologize.

Read at your own will.
-
The walk to the hospital was as usual for the early October weather; damp sidewalks that darkened with post rain that cried from the sky stretched across the streets for miles with the foggy air that hung low, masking the vision of it's victims.

Perfect.

Will hastily walked into the towering building that was painted cream and was in need of renovation.

Upon entering the cream building the inside was white and blue—rather dull, Will noted. He made his way pass rooms of sick patients that were being treated and made his way into his respected office where he'd wait to be called in.

Putting on the appropriate attire, his gloves, mask and doctor uniform he was ready for the receptionist to call him into whatever room. Probably B1, he's usually in B1.

Lounging around, it was a slightly slow morning.

Unfortunately that didn't last long and Will couldn't get an easy day out of this. Luckily, he wasn't here for easy work. Trained and ready he was waiting for the moment to tackle a patient with more than just a fever.

Then again, there was that one patient that had the seizer.

A nurse came rushing into his room at ten-forty-three AM, ordering him to room B7 asap.

He rushed to the room that housed a patient that was sickly pale and seemly on the verge of passing out.

Quickly, he jumped into action, greeting the person and asking what was wrong.

"(Y/N)" said the unfortunate person. "I've been feeling . . . Faint. And I've been coughing up blood lately . . . And uh . . . I loss about—" they paused, rubbing the side of their rib cage. "About fifteen pounds in the last month."

"Hm . . . Anything else?" Will asked, jotting down ever word of the patient. "I've been getting pain around my ribs and chest lately."

Will nodded and proceeded to call in a nurse. "I need to file (Y/N) in for a complete blood count . . . And a upper body x-ray."

The nurse nodded, "Right on it Dr. Solace."

He sighed as the nurse took away the stranger for her x-ray.

Will's break didn't really feel like a break. He was restless, worried. Of course he had dealt with other patients who had some of the same symptoms, but this case just felt . . . Off, like something very wrong was going to happen. And Will was very good usually when it came to assumptions. He really hated that sometimes.

Thirty minutes or so later Will was called in to examine the x-ray along with a nurse by the name of Angelina O'Dalas.

After a few seconds Will had said, "that's abnormal . . . Angelina . . . Do you think . . ." Will had asked, wanting anything but the confirmation that his mind lead to. Atlas the world is cruel.

"Yes . . . Indeed. And it looks as if the cancer has spread. We should immediately send her into the surgery room."

Finally, the patient Will's been waiting to work on. Yet, he wished he didn't. Now, being faced with the task he didn't wish this upon anyone.