Meg x Reader (Strawberries)

Did I hear you guys requesting this? No...Well here ya go anyway.

-

I leaned my head on Meg's shoulder, we were currently in the strawberry field, watching sunset, something we both grown accompanied to do together after Apollo had returned to his godly form.

I twiddled with a uneaten strawberry in my hands, examining it closely, raising it up to the dimming light as the sun slowly disappeared.

I heard Meg exhale and shuffle slightly, I don't think she really likes when I lean my head on her shoulder, maybe it isn't that far into the friendship as I thought.

It's been a year, so I just assumed...Nevermind, I took my head off her shoulder, and she looked at me, fixing her new glasses, whom where just like her old pair, that was slightly askew.

She just took down and picked at the soil and pebbles. I just leaned back slightly, a tree blocking me from going much further back.

I started humming the quiet tone of You Are My Sunshine out of nowhere, well, being a child of Apollo made your life into a musical most of the time.

Meg just smiled and put her head down, adjusting her rings on her middle fingers.

I stopped after a while, and looked at her. She looked back at me and gave me a small smile, which I returned.

After a few moments she frowned and shyly looked down. I followed her glaze to the grass and soil ground.

We hadn't said anything for a while until Meg spoke up "Apollo really outdid the whole sunset so far." I nodded "maybe he know's we're watching" I commented.

Meg shrugged "maybe" she said. "And is going down so slow, what, it's been like that for the past fifteen minutes."

"Riding the sun chariot takes time I would assume" I told her. She just nodded.

"Maybe it's a sign" I mumbled. She looked at me "a sign?" She asked. I nodded. "Don't you have foresight like Apollo?" She asked.

I nodded "yeah..." I said. "What do you see?" She asked.

"Well...I saw...I saw, you and I, and I kissed you, and you kissed back" I mumbled.

"What—" I cut her off with a kiss, she seemed surprised before closing her eyes and kissing back.

As cheesy as this is, a sunset over the field of fruit, the sky colors of blues, pinks and oranges, a kiss, two people, arms wrapped around one another, I love it, besides, I'm a cheesy person.

-

I started this before I got some request, which I will start writing now.