☆38/'No Secrets, No Lies.'☆

Annie's POV-
It all made sense. The texts saying how close he was. Why is always asked about Luke. Why he asked if I had two sugars or one. He was Luke's new work partner, it was a way to get closer to me. To hurt me.

I turned the other way and ran out the store as quickly as possible. I ran to the car and started to breath heavily. All the flashbacks of what he did to me flooded my head. Why me? I asked my self. Why did he do it to me?

I pulled on the car door handle trying to open it, but Luke locked it. Luke came walking towards the car with a worried look on his face. He looked confused, to be fair, I don't blame him.
"Annie, what's up, why did you run out like that?"
"Can we go back home?" He walked over to me and looked at me seriously but calm.
"Yeah, of course." He rubbed my shoulder and went around to the driver side.

The journey home was quiet. Luke said a word occasionally but I didn't reply.

Once we got to the apartment, I immediately got out the car and waited for Luke to get out.

Luke opened the door and turned on the lights.

"Annie, please talk to me. Why are you acting this way? Annie, what's up?"
"Luke, please." I choked out.
"Was it me? Was it the dinner? What was it Annie?" He moved closer to me.
"It wasn't you."
"Then what was it Annie? I'm trying to understand but I can't."
"Can I speak to you later? I need a shower." I whispered.
"Of course." He replied generously. He placed his hand on my face and rubbed the surface of my skin gently.
"Call me if you need anything. Tell me when your ready to talk." I tried to crack a smile and then walked into the hallway. I went into my bedroom and turned off my phone, I also grabbed two towels and my moisturiser.

I opened the bathroom door. How did Jack find me? How did he find where Luke worked? I slid down the bathroom door in tears and sat there with my legs to my chest.

After minutes of crying, I stood up and got into the shower. Letting the boiling hot water burn my skin, I stood there thinking about everything he did. I took the mango shower gel and rubbed it all over me. I washed my hair and turned off the shower. I took my towels and wrapped one round my body and the other one wrapped around my hair.

I exited the bathroom and went into my room and put on an over sized t shirt. I left my hair wrapped up.

I knocked on Lukes door which followed him opening it.
"I'm ready to talk." He moved out the way of the door and let me in. Luke was calm and relaxed most of the time which is why I liked him.

I sat on his bed, at the top near the bed frame. He joined me, he was sat crossed legged, I had my legs to my chest, like I did in the bathroom.

"I want to tell you everything." I murmured.
"Everything?"
"From the start." I said just the right volume for Luke to hear, I was still whispering but I had got louder.
"Please don't let it affect how you think of me, please don't leave me." He reached for my hand, with a worried look on his face.
"I will never leave you Annie, just tell me, I won't judge." By this point tears were running down my face. My heart was beating fast and it hit me that I was about to open up to Luke about one of my biggest fears. Jack.
"Please don't hate me after what I tell you, it was never my intention to lie."
"It's okay." He reassured.
"You should've know ages ago." I admitted as he gripped my hand tighter.
"No secrets, no lies." This was it, Luke was going to know everything.
"It's about Jack." I started.