☆58/'Is This Even Cooked?'

Annie's POV-
"I'm not coming out."
"Your mom said everyone had to wear Christmas jumper so I picked one out for you yesterday while I was shopping."
"I look like a walking candy cane."
"Don't be so stupid, you look fine."

Luke walked out looking like someone had too away his camera, he looked at me and I immediately knew he hated me for buying it.

He stood there in a woolly red and white striped jumper with tinsel sewed around the collar, both sleeves and the hem.

"I look ridiculous."
"You look cute, like a festive elf."
"Oh that's good then, thanks for making it better."
"You were too lazy to buy one for yourself so I got you one myself, if you don't like it, you can go and get another one quickly." He sighed and shook his head.
"It'll do." I jumped and clapped my hands repeatedly.
"Let's go and have Christmas dinner then." He said, he opened the door and I shut it again.
"You forgot your camera."
"Thanks for reminding me." He tapped my nose as he went back into our room and got his camera.

Luke's POV-
"Did someone order a candy cane?" Mom said as I walked through the door. I turned around and looked at Annie. Mom burst out laughing and I put her hand on my shoulder.
"I'm kidding, you look adorable like I little festive elf."
"That's what I said!" Annie exclaimed. Mom pulled me into a hug.
"I missed you, you need to visit more!" Mom said.
"Ill try." I lied.

"Yes!" I yelled as I held the winning end of the cracker up in the air.

Currently, me, mom, Annie, Jai and Beau were sat around the dinner table eating Christmas dinner.

"It's only a mini hair comb." Annie reached over and picked up the small pink hair comb and stuck it in my head,  avoiding getting it stuck on my Christmas paper hat.
"That's better." She grinned happily as she took a sip of her mulled wine.

"And here it is." Mom announced as she brought the turkey in and placed it on the table.

Beau reached over and began to cut it.
"Is this even cooked?"
"Of course it's cooked, what are you saying about my cooking?" Mom joked.
"Stop saying that moms cooking is sh-"
"Jai! Language at the table, especially at the Christmas table." Mom interrupted.
"Being at the Christmas table makes no difference." I argued.
"Yeah, I don't care if it's a Christmas table, I can still swear when I like." Jai shouted.
"I agree with Gina, Christmas is a time for celebration and kindness." Annie sided with mom and we all looked at her in annoyance.
"I don't know how you do it in England but you're in America now and it's not all rainbows, sunshine and cups of tea."
"I know and you can't use my nationality as an excuse for everything. Or be stereotypical to prove a point." Annie replied shooting Beau a look of anger.
"Can we all just drop it now and eat the turkey?" Gina asked. We all looked down.
"Sorry." We all said in sync.

We were onto pudding now and mom had put the Christmas music back on.

"Can you pass me a fork please babe?" I said to Annie realising what I called her.
"Babe? All I get it mom." Gina laughed while me and Annie awkwardly laughed along with her.
"Don't worry, I don't get it either, that was a Christmas special." Annie looked at me knowing that she saved us from a lot of explaining. We all laughed it off but Jai looked at my smugly knowing that he knew about me and Annie.

Annie's POV-
We all walked into the lounge and sat on the sofas. Me and Luke sat on the one furthest away from the tv, Jai and Beau sat on two separate sofa chairs and Gina lay on the remaining sofa.

I looked around for a while realising how lucky I am. I looked at everyone's Christmas hats and saw how I was the only one with a yellow one, I looked at all the decorations that Gina had put up in the lounge including the tiny pearl angels that were standing on the fire place. I saw how happy everyone was when they were together and how they made me feel apart of the family. I loved it so much and it made me feel a little less homesick.

"Right, who wants to open presents?" Gina said bringing in a bag of presents.

Gina gave hers first. It took a while as she brought the boys quite a lot. Jai got a watch as one of his presents but he couldn't get it on so we spent most of the time figuring out jai's watch. I also got a bottle of perfume from Gina which I adored the scent of.

"Ooh, I love it." Gina said as she opened her usher calendar that I brought her.
"She finally has someone to kiss at night." Beau muttered.
"Shut up, I love it, thank you so much, Hun!"
"I also ordered you some more stuff offline but they haven't come yet, but as soon as they come, I'll bring them over."
"Get Luke to bring them over since I never see him." Luke then started to explain why he can't come over because of work and stuff. The same excuse that he used to Jai and Beau about why he forgot to film a video with them.

"Okay so does anyone want some more mulled wine?" Gina and I carried in some glasses and a jug of mulled wine.
We filled some up and gave them out. We used these cute red and gold Christmas mugs which matched my Christmas jumper.

I tried to match my Christmas jumper with Luke's but I ended up buying a woolly red jumper with mini gold bells spread out across it. I matched it with some black skinny jeans and some flat black ankle boots.

"Luke, Annie, stand by the tree and I'll take you photo, beau can you be a darling and pass me the camera?"
"I can pass you the camera but I'm not being a darling." Beau dismissed.
"You will always be my darling, my baby boy." Mom grabbed Beau's face and kissed him constantly.

Mom got the camera and told me and Annie to pose.

I wrapped my arm around Annie's waist as we both smiled into the camera.
"And it's...." Mom clicked the button.
"Done, you both stunning, you'd make a lovely couple." We both just smiled and nodded until she went back into the kitchen.

Luke's POV-
"I will promise to visit you during the month."
"Good boy, don't let me down. Annie make sure he does."
"I will, thank you for dinner tonight, it's been so nice to see everyone and feel like I'm apart of the family." Annie greeted. Annie was always friendly towards my family which made me smile, I'm glad she can get on with them well.
"Thank you for coming and helping out, you've been a big help."

We left shortly after, we drove the long way home because Annie wanted to see the Christmas lights.

"Luke Luke Luke! Look at this one, all the colours are coordinated with the massive blow up Santa." Annie looked like a toddler with sweets, her face was up against the window with the biggest grin.
"It's so pretty, we definitely need to do something like this next year."
"We live in an apartment Annabelle, how are we going to get the lights around the apartment?"

She began to laugh hysterically.

"Oh yeah." She couldn't stop laughing and at the moment, she had her head in between her knees crying with laughter.

"I think the mulled wine has got to someone." I said, sweeping my hair out of my face. Annie agreed as I got to our apartment.

I feel like these chapters are very boring but I don't know, tell me what you think in the comments! This book will end in about 6 chapters :( This is sad but the end is so good and i've been planning it for a while and it makes me excited! I'm sorry for updating late, school is taking priority at the moment which sucks but it has to. I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, I love you all!

-ASOH