☆62/'Too Late Now Brooks.'☆

Luke's POV-
I didn't get much sleep last night. I kept thinking about Annie. Love. Love is such a strong word for someone you've only known for half a year but I didn't know how else to describe it.

I messaged Annie earlier saying that we need to talk. I wanted to tell her about the photo on twitter in person, but I couldn't wait no longer.

Since I first saw that photo, they posted another photo of Annie walking down the street alone. This is also why I'm telling her now because she needs to know to be careful.

"Luke!" She exclaimed as I sat down in the airport.
"Hey." I replied.
"Why did you want to talk?" She asked.
"Before I tell you, I want you to know that I didn't tell you because I was looking out for you, I had your best interest in mind."
"Luke your scaring me, can't you wait until you get home? I'm just baking a cake."
"Honestly, I would. But it's been on my mind for the last couple months."
"Okay?" She quietly said.
"When we were in England, there was this photo on twitter and it was of me and you in the restaurant, it was an unknown account but it showed that who ever took it was stalking us."
"Why didn't you tell me sooner?"
"Because I didn't want to make you fear everything, there was this one picture of you walking down the street yesterday and I really don't know what to do, I'm sorry."
"So you telling me that someone's been stalking us and you kept it a secret?"
"Annie..."
"Luke, you know how anxious I am about everything, you know how I feel about everything. I told you everything in confidence, not so you could hide things from me." I heard her sniffling like she was crying.
"Luke, I can't deal with this right now." "Annie wait." And then the line went dead.

Annie's POV-
I put the freshly baked cake on the counter. It was 5:30pm and it was Christmas Eve. Luke was getting back at 7:30, he originally thought he was going to get back later but there were no delays on the plane which meant he could catch his flight, earlier than we thought.

"At Christmas time." I sing along to the music I had playing.

I went into mine and Luke's room and picked up my makeup bag. I took it into the lounge and used my phone as a mirror. I sat on the sofa applying the make up, I wanted to do it better than normal for Luke. Luke still doesn't know that Emma didn't stay over but nothing happened anyway.

I picked up my red lipstick which I brought in the sales and coloured in my lips. I filled in my brows and completed it with simple eye makeup but it made me look more awake.

I've struggled to sleep since Luke has been gone and rewatching all his YouTube videos didn't help.

I rang my mum hoping that I could wish her a merry Christmas but she didn't answer, so the next best thing was dad.

"Annie?" He questioned.
"Dad, I've missed hearing your voice so much." I replied.
"Aw, I'm so happy you have rant up, your mum and Caleb have gone to see the lights in the high street."
"Tell them Merry Christmas from me, I'll text everyone in the morning but I thought I'd ring while I have some spare time on my hands."
"Isn't Luke with you?"
"Nope, he has been away but he should be back in an hour or so."

Me and dad caught up for half an hour. Mums doing good now and Caleb is doing better at school. I ended the call after Luke text saying he had just landed. I turned my phone off and set myself a mental reminder to text him back. Even though I was still mad at him, I didn't want to worry him.

I quickly ran to the plug socket and turned the lights on the tree, I turned the main lights off and saw in silence looking at the tree.

Luke's POV-
"There's mine." I muttered as I walked over to the suitcase wheel and picked mine off.

After that, I found the taxi and got in.

"Evening." The man said.
"Hi, this is for Luke brooks right?" I asked, checking my phone waiting for Annie to reply.
"It is, what are you doing coming from an airport on Christmas Eve?" He laughed.
"I've been on a mini holiday but I'm going back to see my girlfriend." That was if she was still my girlfriend.
"She must be special, I would love to go aboard for Christmas."
"She is, she's very special." I grinned to myself as I looked out the window.
"I didn't know taxi drivers worked Christmas Eve."
"A lot the staff at my place don't, I don't have a family or anything so I don't mind seeing people or working on Christmas Day."
"Aw, sorry to hear that man."
"It's good, I enjoy it."

We sat talking for a while. I checked my phone again, still no reply.

"Okay, this is it then." The taxi driver said as he turned down the street.
"What's your name?" I quieted as he opened the door for me to get out.
"I'm George."
"Well George, I hope you have a happy holiday and I want you to keep the change, treat yourself to a meal tomorrow." I gave the man the money.
"Are you sure?" I nodded.
"That's very kind of you Luke, have a good holiday." He smiled as I walked up to the apartment complex.

I got out of the elevator and felt my back pocket to get my key.

As I walked up to the door, i realised it was open. I dragged my suitcase into my apartment and saw Annie's makeup covering the table.

"Annie?" No answer.
"Babe, I'm home."
"I said I was sorry, Annie?" I let go of the suitcase and rushed over to the breakfast counter.

The scissors were by a slip of paper.

'Too late now Brooks.'