prologue

"Breathe Andria," I said to myself. Count to five...one...two...three...four...five

Keep counting. The fire was evading in my room, not my Mr. Doodle, the fire can't take him away from me. The flames were everywhere. I heard the tables cracking and our T.V. burning. That family picture in the drawing room was no longer on the wall. It fell down and burned. My mother's favorite vase broke into million pieces in front of my eyes. I have to save Mr. Doodle. I was standing in a corner. My parents were screaming my name from the outside.

"Andria!" my mother was sobbing. She was in her room.

One

Two

Three

Four

Five

Mr. Doodle. I ran from drawing room to my room and I realized my bed was on fire.

"Mr. Doodle!" I screamed looking at my teddy bear who was burning with the flames on the bed.

"We need to leave!" my father breathed as he took me in his arms. I pulled my head into his chest. He was so sweaty and was breathing heavily.

"I got you Ria!" he said as he pulled me up. I wrapped my hands around his neck.

"Daddy!" I cried, "Mr. Doodle"

"Don't worry about him, we'll get you another one," he said as he hurriedly took off the curtain and covered me with it.

"Joe!" my mother screamed my father's name.

"Listen to me Andria," he said as he pulled me down, "I want you to run through the door as fast as you could. Alright?"

I looked at him and nodded. He kissed my forehead.

"I love you sweetheart!" he said as he kissed my forehead one more time.

"I love you too daddy!" I said as I let go of blanket so that I could run as fast as possible.

. "Joe!" my mother screamed again, "Is Andria safe?"

"Yes she is!" he cried, "I'm gonna get you love, just stay there okay?"

"I love you Joe! I love you Andria, if you can listen to me," my mother screamed. It seemed like it was a goodbye. And all off a sudden we heard a blast from the kitchen.

"Andria run!" I father screamed as I run as fast as I could. My father ran along with me.

The whole house was in flames.

"Maria!" my dad screamed as one of the neighbors covered both of us in blanket. The fire truck was there by then. My father hugged me and we sobbed. I lost my mother and somehow my father too...