chapter 8

I spent my whole day with Liam clicking pictures and shopping in malls in the streets of Manhattan. I bought a yellow dress for Nisha and a redshirt for Jack. I also bought him a caption America key chain since he's so obsessed with Avenger thing. I also bought some t-shirt and some fruits for daddy. Later at night Liam dropped me off to my place and nothing happened between us. Why? Well I guess because of Jack's little sister.

The door was not locked. I went inside and saw whole drawing room smashed. The vase was broken like it was in morning. Couch was upside down. Some show cases were on the floor and my father was sitting on the piano. He didn't acknowledge me coming in the house. It was so still. His hands were on the piano keys. I put the stuff on the table as I went towards him. I sat next to him and looked at him. His eyes were on the piano keys. I hugged his left arm and put my head on his shoulder. I didn't say anything. I sat there with him and hoped that he'll say something.

"I loved her," he finally spoke referring to my mother. I rubbed his bicep. He wanted to tell me such much and I am glad he said something. He started something, "you know she had eyes similar to yours. She used to hang out with my best friend in high school and then we met. Instantly I fell for her."

This broke my heart. My mother was one lucky woman. To be loved by one person till the end is the best thing that can happen to a person. She was loved deeply.

"I am sorry dad," I said as a tear fell off my cheek. Both of us sat there for few more moments and I decided to stand up. I cleaned thee sofa making it appropriate for us sit. Then I went in the kitchen and made him some instant-noodles. He was sitting there, grieving his pain for his loving wife and my mother.

"Daddy," I called out. He didn't answer. I went closer and put my hand over his hand pressed the first key of the piano. A tear escaped his eye and fall off.

"Let it go father," I said hugging him, "let it go. You deserve better. "

He kept quiet as I pulled him away from the piano and made him sit on the sofa. Thought of fire occurred to my mind and I realized how much I had fear of it, how much I hated it and how much I was afraid of it. Rubbing my eyes and looking through the blur I saw the old man still in pain.

"Please eat something daddy," I asked. He nodded and took a bite. He didn't complete the meal and went off to his room. It sucks that my dad is still on that page of his life. He threw away his career, his life, his ambitions for her. Later I went in his room to check if he's alright. I couldn't find him in the room. I searched for him and finally found him sitting in the balcony. It was actually cold outside the house. I sat next to him as I covered him with blanket. I rested my head on his shoulder and both of us looked at the stars.

_____________________

Next day I went out on drive with Liam on the Brooklyn Bridge.

"Hey!" he greeted me with the wittiest smile that I'd even seen on his face. He had those Calvin Klein glasses on his eyes. God I need to see those eyes. That smart ass grin on his face and that I am sexiest man alive attitude all that I need right now.

He is such a hotstar. Yeah! That's what I'm going to say to him now.

What am I missing? He had bought his Porsche for the purpose which by all means is a show off. I wore my denim shorts and white tube top showing and my sexy glasses off course.

"Hi," I said as I signaled him to get out. My dad was watching me in from the lawn. He didn't approve this. I get it by the way he looks at me.

"Daddy!" I sighed and coughed as Liam came out from his car.

"Liam, this is my father, Joseph White and daddy this is my friend, Liam Cole," I said introducing them. Well this is the moment I should be afraid of. Hey dad meet the sexiest man alive who doesn't even had any idea how much I like him and hey sexiest man meet my oh-so-caring-smart daddy who makes his daughter sleep on sofa and not to forget his undesirable love for carrots. Hey! And meet me, I am so sexually intruded by you Liam and hey dad! Oh only you don't me to be your daughter.

So simple

So male

So fucked up

"Sir," Liam said as he offered his hand to my father which he didn't take. He let down his hand as my father looked at him and then at me. Why am I wearing something sexy?

"Are you sure he is your friend?" my father asked me ignoring Liam as whole. My eyes froze on look of my father's cold icy look at Liam.

"Yes father," I confessed although I want to be more than friends with this hot guy and he is sexy.

"Alright," my father turned back as he moved towards the lawn, "you should be back by 7'o clock. I am cooking corned chicken and cabbage. Invite your friend too."

And I am awestruck.

Two words

Seriously

Why?

What just happened? Did my father who totally asked me to get out from is house just invited Liam? And why did he? I think he thinks Liam is my boyfriend, but what does Liam thinks?

"Your father is cold," he said as both of sat down in his car.

"Trust me this is the most welcoming thing he had one in 3 days," I smiled and looked at him gorgeously. I like when he doesn't shave. I kind of like this look on him.

"What's your scene with him?" he said looking vividly on the road.

"There's no scene," I lied which pinched me, "it's a building relation if I may describe. We are working on it. He is a nice guy by the way," I told.

"You suck at lying," he said as he looked at me, "It is okay, whenever you are comfortable to tell me. Plus before taking a drive to Brooklyn I have to meet some friends, they'd kill me if I don't show up."

Are you serious? Well I look hot enough to meet his friends. Well he is talking me to meet his friends. I pulled out the small mirror to check out how good I look and Liam started laughing off.

"I need to look good if I am meeting your friends," I confessed putting mirror back after applying some more lipstick. Damn my mouth. Can't keep anything to myself? Can I?

"You look fine," he assured, "better than your beggar style, not really pretty but you look a bit better than the beggar style. I think it works."

He started laughing off and I gave him a good cold stare. He was humorous and damn him mocking me.

"You are a jerk," I told him.

"You tell me does it matter how you look? You need me by your side to look good," he smiled again. What in the world is this person? He is a pure evil. He never let me wins. He finds ways to torture me.

"Overconfident, sociopath and not to forget an unemotional hot looking dude who have lots of money," I barked out in anger.

"What?" he asked, confused by my sudden reaction.

"Oh that, I was just describing you," I revert back and smile. We are even now. Who am I? A twelve year old kid. Hell I am. Mock me once and bear the consequences.

"At least you confessed I am a hot looking dude," he laughed harder this time.

"Remind me why am I even talking to you?" because I want to be part of each and every conversation you make. Because I want to be with you. Because you are Sex God and I want you.

_________________

,\֍����^