chapter 14

I took a hot bath and changed into a black backless dress. My father was still sleeping and I do not intend to wake him up. I took my bag and left a note

Dear daddy,

I don't know what I've done to upset you so much that you practically blamed me for everything. Finding you were not only my dream since the day you left me to Nisha but also my only hope to have a real family. I don't expect much from you now. I will leave as soon as I find a place to stay.

Love,

Ria

I put the note on the table making sure he reads it. I combed my hair and put on my flats. I have to go to 9/11 Memorial and later a theater show on Theater District. I've heard a lot about the Broadway Shows and I am not going to think about anything but New York and exploring this city best way possible.

I didn't have breakfast. I decided to grab something midway. I applied some mascara and eye liner to make my eyes look larger than they were before. I heard footsteps coming downstairs and made me realized that old man has been awake.

"Andria," he said and without wasting any more time I went outside and shut the door.

_____________________

It was long journey from the home to memorial so I decided to call Kate. I was in the cab when I called her. i just don't want to be alone. Maybe I just want my mind be at some other place. Maybe I want some peace from family drama after all.

"Hey!" she said as she picked up the call. Something is going on with her. Kate never sounds this low. 

"What's up Kate?" I asked giving her hin+ts to spill up about the one night hook up with my brother.

"I know you know," she sighed, "Jack told Me." she sounded sad.

"So do you want to talk about it because I do?" I sounded angry which I was. She kept quiet, "Kate?"  

"I met Luke the other night in the club," she said. She sounded so low and I realized it was a mistake. Luke was her only serious boyfriend. He cheated on her and all this led to her downfall in relationships. All she wants is pleasure with no strings attached. And no doubt if Luke's is involved she can do anything. She was so hurt.

"Then?" I asked.

"He called me whore in front of his friends and I've never felt so insulted in my entire life. Your brother was also in the same club and he heard us fighting. I slapped Luke in front of his friends and he was about to do the same but Jack barged in and punched him. I stopped them but it didn't end well. Jack's face was swollen because of the fight. I took him to my home and applied some medication and I started crying. I don't know why what was killing me so much. And then he hugged me and all I needed was a one night to solve all these emotional mess." She said and stopped for a minute as she continued, "I kissed him and I knew I wanted him and for the moment I forget he was your brother and he told me I will regret this but I didn't stop and we ended up making love and I know it's so cruel for me to do such a thing."

"I don't know what to say Kate," I sighed really disappointed.

"But I realized one thing Ria," she said she was sobbing now, "I'm going to apologize Jack because out of all the people he stood up for me and I owe him. I am sorry for screwing up once again."

"I am sure Jack will understand and make things work."

"I hope so," she said nervously, "Is everything alright with your dad?"