chapter 22

"Because family is something you can't buy even having what people desires the most"

"Are you fine?" I asked my father as he looked at me with guilt and shame. "You got me all worried." I had a wicked smile on my face. If you would ask me right now, I would like to get on a bed and eat an ice-cream bucket with Kate. And we will discuss how mean all guys are and how they use women to end their sorrow.

"I am sorry," he mumbled and I took his free hand gently pressing it.

"You could have called me," I said worriedly, "this is what family is for. And I will just do everything to make things work, and dad I am not leaving you without a fight. Because you need to know this, I don't give a fuck what the world says you what they think of you. For me you are my only dad and besides we both are stubborn pain in the ass," I laughed as I looked at him, "And I am there for you and I am not leaving you anytime soon."

He gave a soft laugh and then nod at me. Out of everything I went through this acceptance meant world to me. Don't you worry me, at least you didn't came here to fall in love.

Just to feel it.

Doctors told me that I can take dad home tomorrow. They needed to look at him for observation for one more night. They asked to go rest at home which I profusely tried to refuse but failed to. I was back at home. And these fucking everything started over.

______________________

I was so much in pain. I opened the room next to my father's to get relaxed. I definitely don't want to sleeping drawing room or sofa. I opened the door and crashed on the pillow and cried my heart out. I decided to call Jack and let him know that I will be staying in New York for my father. I couldn't leave him alone and this glimpse of light meant the world to me. I cleared my throat to call him.

"Jack?" I asked as he picked up the phone.

"Just the girl I wanted to hear from!" Jack said happily, "How are you, love?"

"Jack, I am just fine," I lied. Each and every part of me was broke. And I knew if I'd tell him that he plays a part in making my life miserable. "How are you?"

"I am great, sissy. You sound so low, what it is?" he asked protectively.

"What did you do to Liam in college?" I asked making sure I was clear. I wanted to know what he did to Liam. I had to know.

And there was utmost silence.

"Andria...Andria..." he started off still trying to find the correct words.

"Don't Andria me Jack!" I slammed angrily, "Please enlighten me."

"Andria, Liam was dating Cherry back then. All four of us knew that Liam was very serious about her. He loved her unconditionally. I..."

"You fucked her?" I filled in the silence.

"It was not like that." He argued, "I really liked her and she also knew that. Liam confessed me that he was in love with the girl the same night I...had sex with her. He told me before I had sex with her. She didn't want to have sex with me. I forced her." He completed.

"Well," I started off, "he did the same to you."

"What the hell are you talking about?" he asked furiously.

"I was with him and I fell in love and he ditched me telling me about his revenge therapy. And congratulations to both of you." His confession made me how cruel this man's genes are.

"That son of a bitch!" Jack said furiously. I had tears but I just stopped them. I didn't want to cry. I couldn't speak. Both of us were silent now. Everything stopped. Jack was wrong. But what was my fault?

"I am sorry," he mumbled strong enough to let me hear.

"I am staying here." I concluded and before he could say anything I hung up the phone on him.

_______________________

Vote and comment :)