chapter 17

Hi guys!

Thanks for your constant support!

You will enjoy this part and there's gonna be a blast soon.

____________________________________________________

               "Let's get tired of each other and never bored"

Daddy was driving us to Statue of Liberty. I was sitting in silence and I need to make a conversation. I really need to start speaking. I've had rehearsals when I'll be roaming around with my father and how I will be a pain in the ass. 

"So," I started off, well did I mention I am not the person you can talk to, "Tell me something about yourself daddy. I really want to know."

"Andria," he started off, "what do you want to know about me? I am a man living in an old house and trying really hard to make a living. I just check some emails and deliver to clients."

"Your personal life," I asked, "What about any affairs? Are you seeing someone?" he laughed off at very question of mine. Well he doesn't seem like a kind of guy women would like to date. I mean seriously. He doesn't even offer me his guest room.

"I tried dating a few women after your mother and it turns out I couldn't let go of her and women don't like referring to your past when you know you talk to them," he told and smiled, "and your mother was the only woman that I have in my mind and even now I can tell you anything. She was my world and I've never loved anyone else like I loved your mother."

"How was she like dad?" I asked. I remember my mother's face and the cookies she used to bake but I don't remember the way I should.

"She was the water in desert. She was the blue in red. She was the smile in me. She was a soulless soul that took all what's left of Me." he said and I just looked at him, "She was the flower that God plucked from my garden of happiness,"

I looked at my father with pity and regret. I never knew that someone could love someone like this. Will I ever be loved like that? And when I think of love I think of Liam. Am I falling for him?

"She was someone I wished to know better," I told him as he smiled, "That was a terrible incident daddy and you are living on the same page."

"Andria," he sighed, "I want to be on that page, Andria."

Love wound my heart. I have nothing to say. I don't know actually. He is complicated. I wonder if we'd be together. My family, mother father and me sitting on dining table and having a necessary family lunch.

"So you tell me about yourself," he asked me.

Me? What does anybody to know about me? I mean just I don't know.

"What do want to know about me daddy?"

"How is Nisha?" he asked, stunning me with his question.

"She must be fine. She is searching for her fifth husband currently," I told coldly. I don't have any feelings for that lady.

"What about her son?" he asked, "What's his name?"

"Jack!" I said as I light up my mood, "He is the best I could ever dream of. Nobody cares about so much like he does."

"I am glad," he smiled. Both of us kept quiet for few minutes and then he took a deep breath and I looked out.

"Ria?" he said as I looked at him, "Why did you come to find me Ria?"

"Why do I come to found you? Maybe because you are my father and I needed to see you. I wanted to tell you how much I miss you in my life. I wanted you to know about which guy I was dating so that you could ground me at home. Maybe I just wanted to attend some family functions together.

Every daughter wants to dance with her father on her sixteenth birthday and I never got a chance. And someday when I walk down the aisle I want to be with you and I don't want to miss that chance." I said looking at the window. I knew if I'd look at him I wouldn't have been able to say a lot of things that I just said right now.

"I am sorry Ria, but this will be the last time we will be meeting me, I guess," he said. What does he mean last time? I don't understand.

"What do you mean?" I asked looking at him.

"I don't want to see you," he told and it felt as if a bullet just passed through my heart. I don't know really what to say. Why don't you want me? What did I do wrong? And I thought everything was getting better. Was it?

The hunger for father's love evades my eyes and soul.

"But...why?" was all I could actually ask of. I couldn't even frame a question bluntly. I don't know how to react.

"Ria, I gave up you for a reason and I just want be like this," he told, my eyes were damp and tears waiting for letting go.

Calm down.

"What have I done wrong to you?" my tone was cold and harsh.

"You are the last memory and thing I want from her and I could only give you hate. And hurting you is not my forte. I want you to have happiness in your life. I want you to grow like your mother and fall for someone special and I could only hurt you. You know they call me 'drunken bastard with no family' and I don't want you any part in this," he told not blinking his eye. His eyes on the road and mine were in his if he really meant it, "I couldn't possibly give any happiness. I am not made for it."

"I don't want any happiness from you, dad. All I want is you in my life. I just want to be a part of your life again."

"And I just don't want that," he smashed harshly making his point clear of not wanting me.

"Why?" I asked looking at him coldly begging for answers.

"I don't want to be cured. I am happy like this and I don't want you in my life." He said.

I can't. I mean that's it. I haven't listened to anyone like this before. I haven't felt so much humiliated any time before. This is insane.

"Stop the car," I asked rudely. I can't take this anymore. This is a limit and that's it. He needs to stop treating me like garbage, "Stop!"

"What is wrong with you?" he asked me angrily as angry as me. He stopped the car near the footpath. I walked down from the car and started walking really fast.

"Stop it right there," he asked and walking behind me. I felt a hand gripping my arm as he pulled me towards him so that I could face him and this time I couldn't stop my tears.

"Just leave me alone!" I screamed as jerked his hand off mine, "Just leave me alone. Just go."

"Don't create a scene here," he said calmly again trying to told my arm. I backed off so that he couldn't touch me, "We can discuss this at home. At least get back in the car Andria."

"No," I screamed, "You need to stop treating me like I'm nobody to you. Since I was twelve the only dream I had was to find my father and live with him. I wanted to dance when he played piano for me. I wanted him to bake cookies for me. Why don't you love me? Am I nobody to you?"

"You are nobody to me Andria," and those words came crashing through my heart. I walked opposite side of the road not hearing him asking me to stay. I just walked and then a little faster as the wish came crashing and saline water pouring from my eyes as I run as fast as I could to get away from him.

+++++

Andria is going to meet Liam's parents soon!

Do you think she will make a good impression? 

Coming chapters are going to be fun!

p.s. I will update next chapter tomorrow!

Until then, happy reading :)